We ran into an issue while signing you in, please take a break and try again soon. - ChatGPT Plus member

I thought if you have a GPT Plus membership, you will be able to access ChatGPT even within high traffic times. Why am I getting this error? and does anybody else have this error too?

I tried to login from multiple devices and browsers, but it simply doesn’t let me log in.

I also checked out whether there are outages or something, but it seems to be no issues with the servers currently.

18 Likes

I have a GPT Plus membership and today faced the same iproblem

10 Likes

UPDATE:
Its been over an hour now and I still get the same error

7 Likes

Same here. Not acceptable :frowning:

5 Likes

Are you using VPN?
25 Characters :confused:

1 Like

No I am not using a VPN. I never had this issue, this is the first time I get it and it is very annoying and dissappointing.

2 Likes

Now when I try to login it says: “Our systems are a bit busy at the moment,
please take a break and try again soon.”

This is unbelievable, isnt this exactly why we are getting a plus membership?

3 Likes

Same message each time I try logging in, “Our systems are a bit busy at the moment,
please take a break and try again soon.” and yes I have a paid membership. More frustrating is I called a friend this morning and theirs is working just fine.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem when I use my laptop, but no issues using the app on my iphone. Still inconvenient though because I need to copy code into excel.

3 Likes

Just checked and it’s the same for me. Can access via iPhone and native api but not via web.

2 Likes

I’m facing the same issue here. I have a Plus subscription and I’m not able to log in!

2 Likes

what am I paying for? Get it together OpenAI!

OpenAIFail

7 Likes

WTF … I’m going to cancel my plus membership subscription. This is unfair

4 Likes

I also have this problem the whole morning. It’s so annoying

2 Likes

Do you have multiple accounts with different emails and same phone number?

same here … :rage: :angry: :anger:
I have PLUS membership too.
Maybe you could try chrome to open it.

1 Like

I tried with different devices and browser … nothing seems to work

2 Likes

I have tried clearing cache, different browsers and vpn. The only way I can connect is my iPhone app or via native api (ie, autogpt, etc).

2 Likes

No for Web, Yes for Iphone, How do I test native API?

Same Issue
Paid for Premium Membership
And getting shit now

2 Likes