I’m a ChatGPT Plus user, and I started using Codex with GPT-5.6 Ultra today. I’ve noticed a major issue with the usage limit display.
The usage limit keeps jumping between different values, which is very confusing and doesn’t seem to reflect my actual remaining usage.
For example, after I reached my usage limit, about five minutes later it suddenly showed that I still had 96% of my usage remaining. As soon as I submitted another prompt to Codex, it immediately switched back and said that I had reached my usage limit. The reset timer is also incorrect. Even two hours after I hit the limit, it was still showing 4 hours remaining until the limit would reset, instead of counting down properly.
The displayed usage percentage and reset timer appear to be out of sync with the actual usage status, making it difficult to know how much usage I have left or when my limit will actually reset.
Please investigate and fix this issue, as the inconsistent usage indicator is very confusing for users.
Given it was launched yesterday that’s an interesting statement
Given the cost of 5.6 Ultra I would not recommend a ChatGPT Plus account. It is extremely expensive and you will run out of quota unusably quickly. Highly impractical.
I recommend you upgrade to a Pro sub.
That said also be aware there is sometimes a lag with the data on /status so it’s worth also waiting for a minute or two after there is no activity to review the figures.
Thanks for flagging this, @Enzo7, and sorry for the late reply!
If it’s still happening, please reach out to support@openai.com, since checking your usage details requires an account-specific review and cannot be reviewed safely on the Community Forum. Include the limit or credit balance you’re questioning, the reset time shown, a screenshot, the Codex client and model, and when it happened, including your time zone. Please remove any private details before sending.