Chat web UI not responding in Firefox

A few days ago, ChatGPT (3.5 and 4) stopped working for me in Firefox. The web UI appears to be fine, but after I enter a prompt, I get a blinking cursor and nothing else. I’ve tried clearing my cookies and re-logging in, I’ve tried turning off Adblock, and I don’t have any other extensions that could conceivably interfere with it. It is not my account, as it seems to be fine in Chrome.

Reviewing the developer console in Firefox, there’s a number of errors reported, with the most seemingly-relevant error at the top:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Failed to start WebSocket: 1006

Which is traced to:

_app-ee0b14f890279a08.js:26:2556050

Any ideas on how to resolve this? It’s quite annoying.

1 Like

Same problem here. Firefox 122.0 on MacOS Ventura 13.6.3

I should have mentioned my browser version / OS: Firefox 121.0.1 on MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1.

This issue just stopped happening for me, and the debugger message I mentioned disappeared. Functional again!

1 Like

Also confirmed, working as expected again.

Regression? This issue is happening again exactly as before. Firefox 123.0 on MacOS Ventura 13.6.3

I tested it and it seems to be okay for me right now in Firefox 122 / Sonoma 14.3

I’m having potentially the same issue with Firefox 124.0.2 on MacOS 14.2.1. It’s not just that sometimes I submit a prompt but nothing happens, but the chat crashes while typing, leaving me unable to even copy & paste the text I wrote already. When I switch to Chrome everything works fine.