Chat.openai.com has been blocked by CORS policy

Same problem here. Anyone solved it?

This is happening again. Whole day unable to login

Same problem here. Some alternative?

Here It’s working again . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still getting the same error, have tested on 3x different browsers…
Have tried fixing DNS issues & clearing cache/cookies, no luck.
Being not logged in using the free chat prevents the error, but has limited functionality compared to the paid plan.

edit: even though the error still appears, ChatGPT seems to be operating as normal (~12 hours after first experiencing the bug)

I have the same problem. Today I bought Chat GPT 4 and after a few hours there was an error in the console: Access to script at 'https://cdn.oaistatic.com/_next/static/chunks/sso.311a6edc30b74ebd.js?dpl=ec54f87…' from origin 'https://chatgpt.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
When will this be fixed? What did I pay money for? I see I’m not the only one with this problem. Do developers even read threads?

I resolved this problem! Need to allow third-party cookie in chrome browser settings and add chat site as an exception. The Cors error still remains, but you can use the chat

1 Like

I have a temporary solution. this bug happens only on wide screen, but if you shrink the window down to a certain width and reload the page, you can use the web version without issue.

:x: Left (wide screen)
:white_check_mark: Right (small screen)

1 Like

Hi everyone,

For me it wasn’t related to the wide screen, and I have managed to fix it by going to Settings / Security and using Log out from all devices and a brand new Multi-factor authentication setup. After refresh my chat started working again!

I hope it will help someone :slight_smile:

it doesn’t work for me … what a shame

ladies and gentlemen you guys are all stuck within this malicious chrome framework.

It is a webkit that impacts all your browsers.

Only way to get around this is to setup a tunnel directly to a proxy server.

Access to script at ‘… cdn . oaistatic . com _next static chunks sso.b252a82de34c9945.js’ from origin ‘… chatgpt . com’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

The root issue may be here:
…cdn.oaistatic.com _next static chunks sso.b252a82de34c9945.js
because it does NOT exists at all 404

If you need any help with repro or debugging - feel free to contact me - I am software engineer and I can really try to help (not resizing my window).

Hi Demitri

Do you have a contact number?

Thanks

Hi Mike?

First of all who is “Demitri”?

Why do you need my “contact” number?

Hope you mean “telephone” not SSN or bank account :smile:?

And what do you need my contact number for?

And could please introduce yourself first since you are starting conversation.

Yours

Dmitry / “Leo”

Hi Dmitri

I thought you were from the actual chatgpt team.

Lol whatsapp, or perhaps telegram number.

As soon as i sent sanitised Hars file to chatgpt team they stopped responding.

I got more info in regards to the CORS policy, if you are well versed in software engineering perhaps you can assist.

My name is Mike
Im from Australia :slight_smile:

Hello, I need help. ChatGPT has erased data from a presonal file on my dt!

I uploaded a .csv file to OpenAI/ChatGPT and asked it to run some simple analysis. The file was closed and saved on my desktop.

ChatGPT said the file was too hard to understand. I therefore opened the file (from my desktop) and created a simplified dataset (a subset of the original), in a separate tab of the same document. I closed the file, saved on my dt again, and re-uploaded to ChatGPT. ChatGPT then said they couldn’t do it because I had reached my max usage for the day (strange, since it was my first request) …

Anyway, I THEN closed ChatGPT and went back to the file, planning to analyzed it myself. However the ORIGINAL DATA (the complicated dataset) was COMPLETELY GONE. And the “simple” tab I created was there, but all of my formatting was lost (in this particular case, a bit of a disaster).

… The fact that my original datset is GONE is a huge problem. There is only one tab in the workbook now, not two. And the original data, again, is GONE. I queried ChatGPT and it said it was sorry I was frustrated but … nothing … HELP! How do get my data back? How can I make sure this NEVER happens again (aside from just never using ChatGPT)?

I did as you said, but unfortunately the problem still exists.

Same problem here.

This in the Chrome console:

So i have the issue where when logged in or out, chat doesnt work at all. When i hit enter i get nothing. So I switch to incognito and it works just fine. Still CORS issue but the app is working as expected.