OpenAI has started they have zero intention of supporting MacOS on Intel.
Same. The rollout is taking too long. My friends have had access, practically all the Redditors I follow have access. I’m a paid subscriber, and yet I do not have access. I’ll be cancelling my account without hesitation if I am not granted access soon.
Hey Sport…
Maybe cool your jets a bit? The native app provides zero additional functionality to the website at this time. You’re getting super worked up about literally nothing.
It will roll out to you soon enough.
If you represent the company, you might wanna take a different approach. I’m old enough to be a grandfather, so don’t effin ‘sport’ me. Your condescension is neither necessary nor appropriate.
no puedo tener acceso y soy usuario de pago
I do not represent the OpenAI—I am a volunteer community moderator.
I apologize, it was not my intention to come across as condescending, but rather to attempt to defuse the situation in a light-hearted manner.
The simple facts are that,
- This is a product they announced less than a week ago
- The communication has always been,
I also don’t have access to it yet at this point, but I’ve spoken to several people who do and, as I am sure you’re aware (seeing as all of your friends have access to it) there are currently no cool additional features to be experienced by having the native app.
Those features are coming and though still unannounced they should be incredible and game changing, but they don’t exist yet so you’re not missing out on anything other than having the newest and shiniest toy on the block a few spins sooner than some other people and whatever bragging rights that entails.
The link to download the app is,
https://persistent.oaistatic.com/sidekick/public/ChatGPT_Desktop_public_latest.dmg
But, if access hasn’t yet been granted to your account, any message you submit will return an invalid request error.
I’m not sure where the threat to cancel your account comes from though.
You presumably like the service you’re getting well enough to be excited at the prospect of getting a MacOS native app. If you cancel your subscription the net result is to still not get access to the native app and also no longer get access to the service.
So, my advice remains the same, just chill, bask in the fact you are loving in one of the most interesting and transformative periods of human history, and don’t get so agitated about not getting instant gratification all the time.
The native app is an entirely new product and OpenAI’s first piece of consumer software. They are simply doing a slow rollout to ensure the software doesn’t do anything crazy like delete your entire hard drive (not a real concern). If something bad happens it’s better if it happens to 5% of the user base than 100%.
I’m sure they want you to have the native app as much as you do and the application team is hard at work to certify the software for full release.
Why can’t I access the Mac app?
- I’m paying for ChatGPT4,
- I have the latest version of the app.
- I have successfully logged in.
Why am I being denied access when I am paying for this?
Access to the MacOS native desktop app is being rolled out now. If there are no significant issues found with the app as it used by an ever investing userbase you should expect the app to be accessible to you within the next few weeks.
This is normal practice when companies release the very first version of their very first consumer software application.
The current requirements for access are:
- Having a paid (non-enterprise) ChatGPT
Plusaccount - Using an Apple computer running MacOS 14 or newer on Apple Silicon
- Being in a cohort of users to whom this feature has been enabled
If you meet the first two criteria, you’ll eventually meet the third.
it doesnt work, it’s really disappointing for me.
I don’t see the popup to download the desktop app on the website. I’m on m2 and I"m ap lus user
Patiently waiting to have the Windows app version.
well then, I wasn’t talking to you. I was responding to the man who’d only JUST SAID immediately prior to my comment THE EXACT SAME THING. personally, I’m entirely unimpressed with 4o’s lackluster in reality compared to what they demonstrated in their live keynote. cancelling my subscription now… gonna give it another go once it’s matured. as for you, you might want to try a more mature and professional approach when speaking to people online. if you wouldn’t speak that way to me face-to-face (calling a complete stranger ‘sport,’ and belittling his justified concerns, and doing so with a “leader” heading beside your profile name, no less - then it’s probably inappropriate for you to do so online. behind all of these characters, behind these OLED screens and connected networks, we’re all just people. I didn’t disrespect anyone, you especially… I did nothing to earn the way you responded to me. Respect goes a long long way.
I wish you nothing but the best of luck in all of your endeavors.
So, does that mean that a 2 seat Teams account not qualify? I’m getting the “You do not have access to the desktop app yet. You can still use ChatGPT ~the website~” popup when I attempt to log in on the new desktop app.
Come on guys! So many people want their hard drives to be formatted
Roll out the app ![]()
Ive been a paid user since the beginning. Still nothing.
Open AI said that they are treating Team subscriptions same as plus subscriptions
so is it recommended to download this application
He seems to be traveling at the moment, and although he is a leader, he is just a volunteer.
So please be a bit more patient and understanding instead of rushing him for a quick response ![]()
There is no recommendation to download it or not.
The rationale behind posting a link to the official download resource was so that the subset of individuals who simply cannot wait for it to roll out to them (myself included
) have the right information available with respect to whether the official release is located.
There have already be countless imposters popping up around the Internet and we don’t want anyone to become compromised by malware.
Whether you download the official release now or not will have zero bearing on when you can actually use the app.
Just, please, don’t find some app somewhere else promising access they can’t give.