You’re a good helpful man @anon22939549 . Mr. Radar seems to be having a bad day, or life.
I appreciate that.
We should all remember though that text is a less-than-ideal medium for human communication and a light-heated jibe can sometimes come across as a condescending snipe.
In the end we’re all just trying to get through the day and none of us know what is going on in anyone else’s life at any time.
In general I think we should all assume the best intentions in others when there are multiple possible interpretations.
The level of your subscription is irrelevant. It’s random luck of the draw who gets it in which order.
The speed of the roll out will be related to the number and severity of issues encountered as more and more people are brought on board.
I’ve edited my post to make it more clear.
A “perk” of Plus is getting access to new features. I’ve had Plus since it came out and I still don’t have the new desktop app
tldr
You are correct, thank you for pointing out I wasn’t as clear as I should have been. I’ve updated my post to make it clear a paid, non-enterprise account is what is required.
I meet all the requirements but I still do not have access, unfortunately.
OK, I kept trying, and below is how I gained access. BTW, I think it’s just a bug in the app. If you have a paid account, and the download link popped up for you, that means you have access.
Anyway, right after you log in, wait until the login window closes and you’re forwarded back to the app. Just before the “coming soon, you do not have access…” popup appears, the window of the application grows a bit, as if it is about to let you in. Right at that moment, just quit the app (cmd+q). Then the next time you open the app, you’ll have access!
If anybody from OpenAI is watching, this is not a “rollout” or access issue. It’s just a bug that needs to be fixed.
Then you don’t meet the requirement of being included in the roll out at this point.
Did anyone see the new "Prove you are human sign-in thingy? Graphic but in a different way that I’ve seen before…
This worked for me. Thank you for solving the issue.
They are aware, but their goal is to rapidly ship it out to everyone ASAP so it’s not something that is likely to be fixed.
It was not an issue.
How come? There was an issue which didn’t let me log in. Then I found a workaround. Now the issue is gone. ![]()
I don’t understand why I pay for CHAT GPT Team Subscription and I still don’t have access. Do GPT Plus users get priority even though GPT Team pays for 2+ GPT Plus seats?
At the moment, the question is whether you should pay for ChatGPT when everyone has access to ChatGPT4o. Basically, subscribers are subsidizing all free users. I still can’t use the app, in the meantime there is a new message"You do not have access to the desktop app yet. You can still use ChatGPT at https://chatgpt.com".
Thank you very much. This trick worked on my side as well.
A useful bug for some time! But this is still not the same GPT-4o as in the presentation.
Voice → text → GPT → text → voice response
This worked for me too! Thanks for the tip!
The forum discussion titled “Can’t use the desktop app?” addresses various issues users face with accessing the OpenAI ChatGPT desktop app. SumWun installed the app but couldn’t log in despite being a Plus member, a concern echoed by others such as nithinks and gordon.s. nicoloceneda clarified that access is rolling out gradually, which an official response from OpenAI later confirmed, as cited by Tracy3000. Troubleshooting steps include ensuring the app is updated, logging out and back in, restarting the device, and checking MacOS compatibility requirements, such as needing an M1 or M2 chip as highlighted by ndalian.
Users in various locations, such as Merovingian from Turkey and Unless from Italy, shared mixed success. Some users like Doubleo found workarounds, suggesting the issues might be app bugs rather than rollout limitations. Meanwhile, spacecadet experienced a different issue where the app couldn’t see the desktop. vetle.hjelle expressed frustration over being prompted to download an app they couldn’t access.
Overall, the conversation reflects widespread contention over access inconsistencies and the need for clearer communication from OpenAI about the rollout process and eligibility. Some users voice strong disappointment and feel misled, while others suggest more patience during the gradual release.
Summarized with AI on May 21
