Can we access the created and published GPTs on another account?

Here’s my case :
I had created several GPT models on my previous account, which I unfortunately lost a few days ago. Fortunately, I had already uploaded all my important trained GPT models there. My question is, if I create a new account and upgrade to GPT Plus, will I still be able to access and use the GPT models I uploaded on my former account, or will those models disappear?

For example :
If someone has uploaded a model to a public platform and it is accessible to others, I can still use it for normal chats as long as the platform hosting the model remains active and available to me, right? However, if the account associated with the model is deactivated or the platform decides to remove the model for any reason, could I lose access to it or it would still be available there?

Hey there and welcome to the community!

A custom GPT is linked with the account it’s under. So, if your GPTs are not currently inside the account you’re operating in, then they would not be accessible.

If those GPT’s are public or you have the links to them. You might be able to recover some of the prompt text just by accessing the gpt on your new account and asking it for its instructions.

If someone has uploaded a model to a public platform and it is accessible to others, I can still use it for normal chats as long as the platform hosting the model remains active and available to me, right? However, if the account associated with the model is deactivated or the platform decides to remove the model for any reason, could I lose access to it or it would still be available there?

I mean like, I didn’t expect to continue developing those models as I lost the ability to configure and edit the model. But the question here is could I still use the model for normal chats or it would disappear at the same time the account is dead?

No, according to a forum post (https://community.openai.com/t/583422) from OpenAI’s community, if you stop paying for your ChatGPT Plus subscription, the custom GPTs that you made will be deactivated. It’s not specified whether they are deleted, but they will be unshared. Furthermore, you will no longer share in any revenue generated by these GPTs.

1 Like