Can I share a plus account with family?

I ask out of concern from an ethical standpoint, not a technical one. Would it be ok to share an account with siblings?

8 Likes

I was wondering similar and would like to share ChatGPT plus with nephews.

Also the possibility to give it as a birthday present with a one month, 3 month or 12 month option.

It’s easy to see that these types of subscriptions could compete with popular options such as Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation Plus, and Steam as a gift. Consider what an adult might prefer to give as a gift.

Donating ChatGPT Plus or a similar subscription to schools would be a thoughtful gesture.

OpenAI markeing team, are you seeing this?

6 Likes

You will be responsible for any inappropriate requests to ChatGPT by anyone who uses your account, so is it worth it? Simply ask them to create their own accounts.

My siblings will use it for school/work, so I trust they’ll use it properly.
To answer your question, yes it’s worth it.

1 Like

hey. have ya got any updates on the question of sharing Chatgpt plus with family members?

but that’s double price. why pay double price if one can share like carsharing or foodsharing

If you are at the same computer, there is no way to tell who is using it, but if you have the same account on different devices being used at the same time… it will get detected and cause problems.

Yeah, it would really be great to be able to share my account with my family!!!

1 Like

We are wondering the same.
my Boyfriend and i both use ChatGPT and were thinking about getting plus. If the sub was “only” 10 pounds, we would both have gotten it separately, but since its 20 pounds and we both are not using it frequently enough to warrant 40 pounds per month, we were thinking about sharing the sub.
So its quite interesting to know if there would be any issues if the account would be shared within a household (2 pcs).

1 Like

I found this article by looking for how to gift a ChatGPT Plus subscription or a way to get a gift card. Not just for local friends but those around the world where $20 a month is a lot for them. I hope @openai can add this feature which will make them more money

+1 for a ChatGPT Family Plan! Also, discounts for a yearly subscription would be great as well.

@OpenAI_Marketing_Team

chatgptplus,
#OpenAIfamilyPlan, #ChatGPTfamilyPlan, #ChatGPTplusFamilyPlan,
#OpenAIannualSubscription, #ChatGPTannualSubscription, #ChatGPTplusAnnualSubscription

3 Likes

Yes please, introduce a family plan like Netflix or Spotify. I would pay 40 dollars. Each person would use their own email to sign in.

4 Likes