Book: Exploring GPT-3 from Packt Publishing

I’m working on the book Exploring GPT-3 from Packt Publishing. One of the most exciting things about GTP-3 and the OpenAI API is how much is possible without writing any code. After experimenting with examples prompts in the Playground for a bit, you’ve got all the skills you need to start doing some incredible things. But at some point, you’ll likely want to move beyond the Playground and start working directly with the API. At that point, you’ll need to know how to write a bit of code. That’s where this book comes in - to help you move beyond the Playground and get you started using the API with either Node.js/JavaScript or Python.

The book will be published in June/July, and a free electronic version will be available for anyone in the OpenAI community who is willing to provide feedback before the final publishing date. If you’re interested in getting a copy, please go here and sign in for early access / reviews. Thanks so much for your help!

9 Likes

Yes! This sounds like exactly what I’m looking for.

FYI, I played around with GPT-2 using Colab on Google Cloud and Jupyter on my desktop. I’m sure there’s a learning curve ahead of me with GPT-3, but I’m not totally clueless. I hope feedback from this perspective will be useful to you.

1 Like

I’ll provide some feedback, thanks

1 Like

That’s great, @Olomana. The learning curve with GTP-3 doesn’t get much lower in my opinion. But if you want to use GPT-3 and the OpenAI API in an app you’ll need to write some code. I’m hoping the book makes learning how to get started in code as easy as using GTP-3 in the Playground. So, yes, your perspective will be super useful. Thanks so much!

Thanks so much, @lynkfs as soon as its ready and I have the codes I’ll DM you. Thanks again!

interested! will provide feedback.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks @cpfong, I’ll ping you when the e-version is ready.

Hey, I’m a subscriber on Packt, so I’d love to help out with your book.

1 Like

That would be great @jgupta, thanks so much for the offer to help out! The e-version should be ready in the next 30-45 days and I’ll ping you then. Thanks again!

I’m interested in testing the code in the book as well. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, @rich! I’ll be sure to ping you when it’s ready.

Would love to help about feedback too :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations Steve! I’d love to receive a copy when it’s ready :smiley:

1 Like

I appreciate your willingness to provide feedback, @ratthachat.c, thanks so much!

Thanks, @joey! I’ll ping you as soon as it’s ready! Thanks agian.

Very interesting! I’d love to provide feedback!

1 Like

I really appreciate it, @matt.benites! I’ll follow up when it’s ready.

1 Like

I’m interested in a copy too

1 Like

Thanks, @NimbleBooksLLC! I’ll make sure you’re on the list to get a copy as well.

Awesome, thank you! Where can I go to stay in the loop? Is there a website or e-mail newsletter?

1 Like