Are bug reports welcome or are users just sent away?

I have found a bug in the API. As per the instructions on the openai website, I used the chat window on their website that opens when u click “help” and clicked myself through the questions until i reached the “report a bug” option. I provided all the information requested until the bot tells me “thank you, a member of the team will come back to me”. like 30 minutes later, a person comes back to me and just posts a bunch of links that are all completely unrelated to my problem and ends the conversation so that i cannot send any further messages. I have retried this now six times, always with the same result, the exact same links to unrelated articels are sent and the conversation ended. Are bug reports welcome?

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the Developer Forum!

I’ve moved your post to the API Bugs category.

Bugs are taken seriously and are monitored. Standard automated replies are generated to cover the 95th percentile of users with common issues. The data is used by the teams managing the various systems.

2 Likes

I understand that automated replies are there to (and can) handle 95% of the cases, however, it was a human who has provided the links and shutting me down eventually 100% of the time. Or at least it was a bot pretending to be human. The first responses come in from “openai” and have the tag bot. then there is waiting period and an account with a human name comes back. so either, its an AI in disguise, which i understand would be against policy, or bug reports are just rejected via that avenue.

1 Like

My experience with OpenAI with their customer service is 100% horrible and consisting of only bots and automated replies. Nothing ever got solved.

1 Like

I appreciate for your replies as you wanted for the best interest for the community. However, from my experience from day one OpenAI became public, their customer service is one of the worst and horrible. Most of them are bots and a list of solutions and mostly consisting of their “rules”, “regulations”, and whatever it is. It takes them very long time to solve even simple problems (by then, it has become useless)…

1 Like

I can understand your frustration and you are right that things need to improve, there are an immense numbers of new users and existing users finding and making use of the API and feeling empowered by AI to build things, unfortunately that demand is outstripping the supply of support by a large factor, this will get better with time.

You can report APIP bugs to the API bugs category on the forum and they will get picked up. You can also ask about the bug you have found here and see if others have solutions and or found the same thing.

1 Like