API key gone, Account deactivated

I had my API key since middle of July and it just disappeared, like it never was here in the first place. Chatgtp says: “Unable to load conversation” and “Your OpenAI account has been deactivated, please check your email for more information. If you feel this is an error, contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.” Well, I haven’t gotten any email. But I also get that error message: “The OpenAI account associated with this API key has been deactivated. If you are the developer for this OpenAI app, please check your email for more information. If you are seeing this error while using another app or site, please reach out to them for more help.”
Why deactivated? I’m confused. I paid the money, I didn’t do any bad things either with it, so…? Enlighten me pls

1 Like

Welcome to the developer forum!,

For account related issues please use OpenAI Help Centre in the bottom right corner is a message icon. image click the icon and enter your issue, the bot will take your details and a member of the account support team will get back to you, it may take several weeks due to the number of people currently using the system.

What site were you plugging your API key into?

I have the same problem and no idea how to fix it. Please help.

I have also encountered such an issue, and I am certain that I have not violated any terms of use. Just last month, I used my credit card to deposit $20 into my account. Please help me.