Anyone can help test my spotify plugin for ChatGPT?

I wrote a plugin that creates a spotify playlist (under your account) based on the given description. For example: “create a playlist for a party with a theme around AI, robots and the future”. Does anyone, who has access to plugins, would like to test that? You’d need to have a Spotify account and you would have to authorize my spotify app and give it permission to create playlists.

4 Likes

I can do it unless its a malware. You know just to be safe.

1 Like

Not a malware! You will see the scope of permissions it requests from you. It doesn’t ask you to do anything shady. Just sent you details about how to try it.

1 Like

I love this idea. I’d be interested in trying it out.

1 Like

Okay, I am interested. How to try?

1 Like

I sent the details to everyone who requested. Still have room for more users.

1 Like

I’d be happy to give it a try and send you some feedback if you’d like.

I would love to test this! It would be great to have a playlist mallable through natural language instructions.

I’d love to test. I am also a developer and would be open to helping on the project.

I’d really love to be able to test. I’m also a developer and would be open to contributing in any way possible!

1 Like

Sounds interesting, I’ve been doing something similar with my podcasts using the zapier plug-in and the Spotify api.

The zapier plug-in is pretty amazing for these sorts of things. I’m also using it to automatically generate my podcast show notes for my guests and send them a note once it’s published.

Wow thats cool! Im a professional music producer so this is amazing. I have plugin access and would love to test it out!

1 Like

Because my Spotify app is in development mode I have to manually add users who can access it. Spotify asks for a user email associated with an account. If you signed up for testing and don’t mind sending me your spotify email, please do that through private message (click my name and then click “Message”). Unfortunately there is no other way to test. I sent a review request to Spotify, but not sure they can approve it anytime soon, because they probably don’t have access to ChatGPT plugin store and can’t see app in action.

Mind blown! :rocket: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

i would love to help! i have some pretty popular playlists for hip hop that i would love to compare it to!

1 Like

i would love to help! i have some pretty popular playlists for hip hop that i would love to compare it to!

1 Like

Sure, I’ll try it. DMing now

1 Like

I’d love to help you out with the testing! I actually collect and organize classical music albums as a hobby, so being part of this is really exciting for me.

1 Like

i’d love to try too! i’ve been working on music related stuff too :slight_smile:

What I really like with the combination GPT/Spotify is that it enables me to break out of my own recsys bubbles. In the example below I’m asking for music like the instrumental parts of Wagner opera’s, first answer gave some really mainstream results. Next question: less mainstream please. It then proceeded to create the playlist later dubbed “Orchestral Discoveries: Beyond the Mainstream”. And it’s actually pretty good! This would have taken me hours if not days to create otherwise, or maybe even impossible!