All previous ChatGPT history gone?

The same here (also plus). However you can access it via Browser History with CTRL+H.

2 Likes

Same here, I got the Plus version and despite that still have the trouble of a free account. Sometime I can’t connect and or I lost my history/chats.

What do I pay for? Seriously.

4 Likes

I find it very frustrating that upgrading to plus version and sign in today and chat history gone, when will the chat history be restored? why am i paying for the plus service to have these issues i understood plus gave a more robust service!

And why am i unable to chat directly to ChatGPT support, the bot on the support page says to do so after logging in but am unable to see how to do that

5 Likes

imagine paying 20 $ a month to get constantly bugs, network errors and to be unable to check your history chats and start all over again when there’s a network error, fuck this , better give a free month

2 Likes

Upgraded to pro which I love using. But twice this month, with no history. My solution, at least on the computer, was to make a little chat program so I always have my history.

I just paid for GPT4 like 2 days ago now all my previous history has been down for the past 2 days. What was the point of upgrading if I can’t look at the past work I’ve been editing and fixing?

Same try as last time, I try to log out and in, but history is still gone.

1 Like

Why did you mark the “Web Interface Incident” as “solved” when nobody can recover their conversation history!?

IT IS NOT SOLVED AT ALL YET!

Hopefully you didn’t lose all the users’ conversations!

1 Like

I tried to log back in a few times yesterday and one time I stumbled across a lot of dialogs, but when I closed the retest, the dialog bar was gone, I wonder when it will be back, please

1 Like

Do we think the Chathistory returns if you purchase monthly subscription?

Do we know how long it takes to return? I’ve had it disappear before only to return, but it has been a few days. I was just about to purchase the monthly subscription because I was finding the flow of information to be very useful.

They made an announcement about a bug that let others chat prompt titles appear in others chat prompt history today.

‘Just the titles’ they say.

I guess having it just happened today they are still going through ‘hiccups’.

Some bug.

2 Likes

I have reloaded it so many times. I have also logged out and logged back in many times. My history is still unavailable. My project is due in a day and I had most of the work there. I have no idea what I should be doing. When will this bug be resolved? It’s been days!!!

3 Likes

It’s so silly tbh. All of my convo histories are gone, and even when I chat with the AI in a new chat, it just goes away whenever I close the browser or refresh the page. Infuriating. I hope it is fixed soon.

1 Like

There has been a hack, which is why we are having our histories off. Give them more time

2 Likes

How many days do you think it will take before my conversations return, I had them this morning all in one massive long chat file but now that is gone because I had to go to school.

Yeah, I am kind of wondering when the history will be back, even new conversations I make aren’t listed. This chatbot has been helping out my Nephew who has some learning disabilities, and he’s had smiles on his face when chatting with the bot and writing his book. He’s like 11 and its been fantastic for him. His typing speed increased, and some of the ideas he’s been putting in on his own for the bot to help flesh out… outstanding. Please fix it guys.

2 Likes

lost quite a bit of work. Thought the system was reliable. Am a plus customer also. Seems like there is no information as to when it will be back or if we will get our old conversations back.

2 Likes

I am also struggling with no history. And I am a paying customer. Where is the official word / support?

2 Likes

I’m so glad so many of us also care about this. Every time there’s a network connectivity based glitch the current conversation is lost as well. I’m working with a rather long premise for a video series on unique ways to play No Man’s Sky, and it’s a lot of context that is difficult to repeat and I keep forgetting to copy it all before refreshing the page.