All previous ChatGPT history gone?

My chat history has also vanished. No new chats are being saved.

1 Like

Same for me here, nothing is being saved anymore.

1 Like

If I Upgrade to Plus, will I get my history back?

I have Plus - I haven’t had history for 72 hours (it came back after the big outage, then went away again)

5 Likes

My history have all disappeared. Searching on the web, apparently there was a bug, which has cause ChatGpt to show other people’s history instead of your own ones, that is why it was shutdown. Apparently they still trying to restore the past history on ChatGpt.

If I were a + customer, I’d be pretty upset right now… As it is, all context is lost whenever it decides it wants to crash, for lack of a better word. And I think it’s safe to say, current work is not being saved in any way, shape, or form. We’ve got an AI language model (I know that because it tells me about 1,024 times a day) that would appear to be magic to most… but it can’t do basic DB operations at scale that thousands of web apps do flawlessly daily. Go figure.

EDIT: holy crap… literally WHILE typing this post, my history re-appeared. Not kidding… And my assumption that work while history was missing would be lost was (thankfully) wrong. Only now I have about 50 chats to delete LOL. Could be worse, for sure!

Lots of people saying history has returned… not me, still unable to load history… support?

2 Likes

Shouldn’t they refund or compensate the customers’ plus subscriptions?

1 Like

Seems like half of the people got their history back already, and other half still having “unable to load history” issue. (Mostly + users as well)

3 Likes

Got my history back! Such a relief

1 Like

I’m a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, and my history still hasn’t returned. I spent a LOT of time yesterday working on a solution for my main project, but even with the browser window open, the chat was gone today. History still doesn’t load (network log says: detail: “Something went wrong.” Not very helpful…). This is extremely frustrating as a paying customer, especially since they wrongly mark the incident as resolved, with all systems operational.

ChatGPT systems are NOT operational yet, even for paying customers. Core functionality (chat retention) is NOT operational.

4 Likes

In the same boat. I am assuming from the lack of reply from support means that no news is “good news”, ie. no answer yet. It is disappointing that they are not commenting beyond this last yesterday: https://twitter.com/sama/status/1638635717462200320?s=20

This fails to acknowledge that many (paid) users are still screwed.

i have the same issue with my history data and i m not able to send prompt to chatgpt

Guys the history is back!!! Finally, I can get back to work

Nope. Still a lot of people without, myself included

1 Like

I had some important chats going on and the history blackout has kill it for me:-(

2 Likes

Heard it’s all gmail users who still waiting for histories to be back

Yup, The issue is marked as resolved. Many peeps are paying for this…and they prob have important stuff in there, IP values, creations, etc.

How did you do it? Share some notes. Nothing has been shared to help.

History already came back, how about you?