All previous ChatGPT history gone?

we are pying money and this is outrageous bro…i want my money back…not a good start…

My history came back just now…" how di you do taht?

All of you out there: I have checked my chatGPT window and found that ALL conversations are present.
Make sure the web page shows, from the left side, + New Chat and a small Templates subwindow; below that, a partition indicating Blog, # Social Media Content, Email, Fun, Web Site Copy, etc. and a bottom partition that shows Clear Conversations, Dark Mode, My Account, Updates & FAQ, etc.
Hope this helps.

go to your search history, find the title of your conversation. DO NOT click just the “chat ai”

An example of the saved chats should look like this (look at the image)

1 Like

go to your search history and find the title of your conversation, just like the image

1 Like

That makes the record back!
I choose many old histories and come back!
Vanish problem happens when I choose the legacy mode and after.

not really a fix, but if ur on browser, and if you remember your chat title, if you look up the chat title in a new tab it might come up. worked for 2 that i remembered.

1 Like

Is ChatGPT down? I can’t send any prompts now

Please do something about this issues, otherwise I am gonna delete my ChatGPT account😜

SOLVE:

1. Log out.
  2. Close your browser.
  3. Open it again.
  4. Log back in.
4 Likes

Confirmed. Log out and log back in again. My chat history was restored. Even the chats that I created when the chat history wasn’t available.

1 Like

Ya I had a lot of code I hadnt copied down yet. This sucks.

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

1 Like

It could a problem with some chrome Extension, I am using Turbopower Chat GPT. When it is activated, I got an error message. Removing the extension, the history was gone. After crawling this forum, I see that was just a matter of log out and log in again that all the history is back again.

So, even if you are not using any extension, try to logout and login.

I’ve had the same problem as well

Yeah, hoping it comes back too. I don’t mind losing the content of the conversations, but some of them reaching the point where the amount of information exchanged will take so much time if i have to start over.

That’s not smart future wise but do you :joy::joy:

Okay but also chat has a problem where if you log out you can’t log back in because it won’t take your password even if it’s correct when you try and log back in

Only saw this now.

Thank you this worked for me too.

when i tried logging into this forum i had to sign up again, not sure if that’s why i had no issue logging out and back in again, I used my same email address to ‘sign up’ again