All previous ChatGPT history gone?

All of my conversations came back last night but have now disappeared again.
I have been copying and pasting everything but last night I saw some things I hadn’t previously saved.
I saw one new conversation from yesterday that was in the new format area.
Then it too disappeared.
I have wondered how long the servers would hold up for this.
There’s is no way to cohesively continue conversations or research once they’re gone.

1 Like

I still can’t access mine. I am getting this message in the chat list part “Not seeing what you expected here? Don’t worry, your conversation data is preserved! Check back soon.”

1 Like

It feels like a birth, the extension of the human race *

I have been dealing with the chat history gone for several days. It says “Not seeing what you expected here? Don’t worry, your conversation data is preserved! Check back soon.” but nothing comes back.

I’m a CHAT GPT PLUS subscriber and I am terrified that regardless of what it says that the conversation data is preserved, I will not be able to get back some very valuable conversations I had been working on for several weeks.

How can I make sure to get back my History? I keep logging in day after day and nothing comes up. This was totally unannounced and as a paying user, I would expect not to have my entire work being vanished just like that.

Help? Anyone?

1 Like

This worked very easily. Thanks for the logical step to “LOG OUT” then “LOG BACK IN” - the’re all back!

I found the issue. You just need to sign out and sign in back again and you will see your chats history missed

3 Likes

How do I get a “link to one of my previous chats” ?

This worked for me!
Thank you! <3

I am just happy that I am not the only one (ChatGTP Plus)! For now…

I’ve had this as well on my Plus account for a few days using Brave or MacGPT, but curiously it all shows in Safari.

I can also confirm now that the answer above to logout, quit the browser, then restart and login worked for me as well with Brave and MacGPT. The history is restored.

Mine is missing now but it says “check back later”. As a back-up I have installed the save chatgpt browser extension for chrome. Here it is: https://savegpt.com/

1 Like

When will this be fixed?
I have already made 10+ similar copy/paste chats due to cloudflare timeout verification which happens about every 30 minutes…

Where is this super power extension? It looks like chatGPT when it worked best!

This lesson will make me learn not to relay on bots again, even if its holy grail of AI

When realizing I have lost everything as have others, I thought the urls in my browser history would save the day - I was wrong. The links do not open and all my past queries have gone. What is more annoying is that the two most important features have gone between using the free version and paying for the ‘upgrade’:

1. All past queries in left column - GONE
  2. Switching between device, could pick up anywhere - GONE
1 Like

I logged out of my account and then logged back in. My history came back!!!

6 Likes

Yes, my chat history has been gone for about a week now. I have the paid version and I’m considering cancelling. I got this message in my account that gives me some hope though: “Not seeing what you expected here? Don’t worry, your conversation data is preserved! Check back soon.”

Ok, I haven’t done that yet. I’ll try logging out and back in again. Hopefully that will work!

same here. All my history is gone and won’t recover no matter how many times I re-logged in. A bit frustrating and inconvenient. OpenAI engineers please do something about it.

Yes, that did the trick! Thanks for posting that.

2 Likes