Advice on deploying a production app

Hi, I am fairly new to OpenAI development so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an app idea that I want to build out that uses GPT-Vision.

• If I want to move my app to production, do I need to apply for an Enterprise account? or can a production app just run off a standard GPT Plus account + a personal API key? are other people running production apps from their normal GPT Plus account and API Key? I’m unsure if I run a production application, do I need to declare under a separate account etc?

• Secondly, to call the GPT4 Vision API - you call ‘gpt-4-vision-preview’. The documentation references nothing to this being “In Preview” or not fit for production use, but the ‘preview’ part of the name is freaking me out. Should I be worried that this API could be revoked or removed in the future before I consider production use? I would like some advice on why this has ‘preview’ in the name, but the documentation looks otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

No, my estimations show that it would cost around $108,000 a year for an enterprise account. A personal or organization API key will work fine for any commercial purposes.

Understandably, this is because it is such a new thing so they want to do more testing to ensure it’s as accurate and reliable as possible before removing the preview. It should work fine.

@grandell1234 amasing thanks for taking the time to respond and for the reassurance - much appreciated!

1 Like