Add "use this version" button to See Versions

Add a “Use this version” button to the See Versions dialog. When viewing an older version of a user message, clicking this button would make that version the active branch in the current conversation, allowing the user to continue from it without creating a separate branched chat. This would restore the convenience of the old version-navigation behavior while keeping the new See Versions interface. “Branch in new chat” could remain available for users who want a separate conversation, while “Use this version” would be for switching the active path within the existing chat.

Yep, the same request.
I’m totally fine with the fact that OpenAI want to update their UI, but the design logic of the new version shifter is confusing

Adding my experience because this would solve a major problem with the new version-history behavior for me.

I use long-running conversations extensively and often edit an earlier message to explore a different direction. Previously, I could move between those versions within the same conversation and continue from whichever path I wanted.

With the newer version-history behavior, it can be difficult to tell which path I’m currently on or to return to an earlier one. “Branch in new chat” creates an entirely separate conversation when what I often want is simply to return to an earlier version and continue inside the existing chat.

Creating separate chats for every alternate path adds substantial sidebar clutter and makes long conversations harder to manage.

A “Use this version” option would be a very good solution. It would preserve the newer version-history interface while restoring the ability to choose which branch is active within the original conversation. “Branch in new chat” could remain available when a genuinely separate conversation is wanted.