Request: Add Version Toggle for Seamless Conversation Flow

Hello ChatGPT team,

I have a feature request that I believe would improve the conversation flow for users of ChatGPT. Currently, if a user hits the message cap within a 4.0 conversation and switches to 3.5, they cannot go back to 4.0 and continue the conversation in the same context.

To solve this, I suggest adding a version toggle that would enable users to seamlessly switch between 3.5 and 4.0 conversations within the same chat window. This would keep the conversation context intact, and also allow users to limit certain inputs to each version, reducing the number of turns used for the 4.0 message cap.

I believe this feature would simplify the conversation flow for users who frequently switch between versions, and enhance their overall experience with ChatGPT. Additionally, it would streamline the process for developers by reducing the need for multiple conversations to continue the same context.

I hope you will consider adding this feature to ChatGPT, and I am available to provide any additional information or clarification you may need.

Thank you for your time and attention.

1 Like