Accessing ChatGPT GPT-4 model

Hello,

I gather from this help post that I can access GPT-4 through chatGPT as a Plus member - but I can’t see it as an option.

I’ve been a plus member for a few weeks now, so not sure why I wouldn’t be seeing it.

Is there a gradual roll out?

2 Likes

Same here :confused: A friend of mine recently signed up and got access to GPT4 but I have been paying for a while and am stuck on the legacy model.

2 Likes

It looks like developers “that contribute exceptional model evaluations” will have higher priority to the GPT-4 waitlist

Get your training files ready…

My understanding is that’s to get free access to GPT-4 without being a chatGPT plus member.

The “Waitlist” is for the API according to all the information that’s been released.

Quoting my original link:

If you are a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, you will have access to GPT-4 via the ChatGPT website. Under Model, select GPT-4 to try it out!

1 Like

Ah, I apologize. I thought you were speaking about API access

Same situation. I have the exact same screen. Have been a paying Plus member for a month or so and no GPT4

Looks a bit different for me (or, maybe it was just updated for everyone) but no GPT-4 yet…

Update just got access

1 Like

Same here

Just rolled out here, this exact second.

1 Like

I’ve got this screen too - hoping I can post a similar Update shortly!

Not yet for me, I’m still waiting to access GPT-4.

One point of disappointment I feel is that the information is still from 2021, which is clearly outdated for certain tasks.

Same here, I suppose it’s rolling out slowly.

here we go!

1 Like

While I was able to access Chat GPT 4, it can´t see images and can´t even read websites, like mentioned in the OpenAI page.

It seems it’s not even aware it is supposed to be GPT4 and it’s capacity.

LOL… I made a new prompt and told it to make me a summary from an article just posted at NextBigFuture about ChatGPT
And it DID make a summary!

A few minutes earlier, soon after I asked if it could summarize websites, it told me it was GPT3 and couldn´t do it. Then I posted the SAME LINK and it told me it couldn´t read it, because it’s a language model and blah blah blah

That is, it WILL SUMMARIZE YOU an website, if you start a NEW conversation and you don´t ask it about its capabilities or if its capable of summarizing a website haha

EDIT: check out this identity crysis

Edit 2: hmmm… it’s saying it did not access the website content, it just IMAGINED it’s content based on the title of the article.

Edit 3: but I just posted a link of the SVB bank crysis, which it COULD NOT imagine based on the article’s title!!

holy cow… or maybe it WAS ABLE to summarize the SVB Crisis without reading the article, just based on what SVB is, what constitutes a bank crisis and what its customers are???

1 Like

@hannes.johansson have them reach out to me

GPT-4 was rolling out over the course of a few hours to Plus subscribers, you should see it now!

I asked Bing if it was chatGPT 4 and it pulled this article.
:point_down:t3:

Today, OpenAI announced GPT-4, a significant update to GPT-3.5. As it turns out, Bing was using it all along.

“We are happy to confirm that the new Bing is running on GPT-4, which we’ve customized for search,” Microsoft’s Yusuf Mehdi, the company’s corporate VP and consumer chief marketing officer, wrote in today’s announcement. “If you’ve used the new Bing preview at any time in the last five weeks, you’ve already experienced an early version of this powerful model.”

Microsoft’s new Bing was using GPT-4 all along

I can see it, also choose it in the drop down menu, but it still claims it is built upon GPT-3. Am I missing something?