Chatgpt iOS app “Sign in failed”

Sign in failed

An error occurred during fetching values for the user. 403

I tried reinstall reboot even reset my iphone.newest ios and app version.All not working.Can anyone help?Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I believe it’s related to a AB config request under ab.chatgpt.com while sign-in. It redirected to the cloudflare WAF chanllenge page and returns HTTP code 403, but the page wasn’t pop up.

The way I bypassed it is map the request to an empty json file through Charles or some other proxies, make the request returns 200.

same issue after i uninstall and install chatgpt ios app. but i can login in my chrome on Mac. So odd.

1 Like

how to map the request to an empty json file? thanks for your reply.

have you solved? I got the same problem.

1 Like

I have a ChatGPT Plus account, just installed the iOS app on iOS 16.6 (iPhone 11 Pro Max), and I’m having the same issue using the bottom direct “Log in” button, but with a different error code. Note that the same login info works fine on the website, and this is the first time I’ve tried this iPhone app. Rebooting the phone didn’t help, and my net connection is certainly stable. I tried both Wi-Fi and cellular.

Here are 2 more posts on the same bug:

And this Reddit post reports the same error:
Can’t login to ChatGPT on iOS app but it works on laptop and iOS browser : r/OpenAI

I received an unexpected, super fast reply thru Chat support (the last time I contacted support it took 3 months for them to respond to a very quick/simple question). This was the relevant part of their message:

…The development team is aware of the sign-in issues some users are experiencing on the iOS app, as noted in the Developer Forum. These issues can stem from a variety of factors, including but not limited to app updates, server-side problems, or compatibility issues with specific iOS versions. Our team is actively working to diagnose and address the root cause of this problem to implement a lasting solution.

In the meantime, here are a few steps you can try that may help resolve the sign-in issue: Ensure your app is up to date: Visit the App Store and check if there’s an update available for the ChatGPT app. Installing the latest version can resolve issues caused by outdated software. Restart your device: Sometimes, simply restarting your iOS device can resolve unexpected app behavior. Reinstall the app: Uninstalling and then reinstalling the ChatGPT app can sometimes fix sign-in issues. This process can clear cache and data that may be causing the problem. Check your internet connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection. Try switching between Wi-Fi and cellular data to see if the issue persists across different networks. Try a different sign-in method: If you’re using a third-party sign-in option (Google, Microsoft, or Apple), try using a different method if available.

If you’ve tried these steps and are still unable to sign in, please provide us with the following information so we can further investigate: The exact error message you’re receiving (if any). The version of the ChatGPT iOS app you’re using. The iOS version installed on your device. Any specific steps you take that lead to the issue. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve the ChatGPT app experience. We’re committed to resolving this issue and will keep our users updated through the Developer Forum and app updates.

Best,
OpenAI Team

Another reply:

Login Method: Make sure you are using the same login method on the app as you do on the website. If you signed up with a username and password, ensure you’re not trying to log in with Google, Microsoft, or Apple on the app, as this could cause issues.

Also see the “login issues” section at the bottom in this ChatGPT iOS app potential failures help article.

1 Like

I have a similar issue on my M1 MacBook Pro with the new desktop app. Support has so far been unhelpful, and somewhat unresponsive.

2 Likes

I cant log in keeps saying the date and time isnt right when its correct

1 Like

I had the same problem on Android 14.

It seems that after the app was updated I was able to log in normally again.

I updated and tried again, but it still doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

How to sovle this problem please? I got the same one! :joy: