Why one of the best analytical plugin such as Noteable has been delisted from the ChatGTP Store?

Why one of the best analytical plugins, such as Notable has, been delisted from the ChatGTP Store?
This Pligun help us to on our research work!

4 Likes

I’m assuming they updated the plugin and it needs to be re-approved. It should be back in a matter of days if that’s the case.

I assume it’s due to a conflict of interest, as Noteable basically does the same thing as the Code Interpreter plugin. But I could be wrong, would be interesting to hear from the Noteable team.

The popular section desperately needs more Oauth plugins (we volunteer as tribute) and perhaps more pages too.

I didn’t know why there would be any conflict of interest. Whether you are using Code Interpreter or the Notable Plugin you’re still using ChatGPT. I find it challenging to imagine OpenAI would care which you use.

2 Likes

Hey there! Noteable developer here. That was a temporary outage while we waited for OpenAI to reapprove us after we made some major changes to our manifest description. Happy notebooking!

I assume it’s due to a conflict of interest, as Noteable basically does the same thing as the Code Interpreter plugin. But I could be wrong, would be interesting to hear from the Noteable team.

As far as I know, it’s not because of any perceived overlap with code interpreter. Many of us have been using both for months. I think it’s related to our deployment yesterday and a temporary OAuth issue. All is fixed and we’re waiting on OpenAI to reapprove us.

The way I, as a Noteable plugin developer, see code interpreter and Noteable is that we provide a different interface. Code interpreter is a faster way to get started and see the incredible capabilities of the GPT models.

The differences, to me, are:

• The result of computation with the model is stored in a data-driven document, a notebook
  • That resulting notebook is a reproducible document that can be shared with collaborators
  • You have access to a hosted environment with your data, libraries, etc.

Code interpreter also has a custom model (or so it seems) that I wish I could plug into for the notebooks. OpenAI can control the temperature, perform its own RLHF, etc.

That being said, using the new chat functions along with the real-time notebook service that Noteable offers could provide a lot more control, speed, and context. What I really wish is that OpenAI just had a notebooks offering in a similar way. Obviously, I’d want them to use Noteable and I’d love to be a part of it. Not sure if they’re open to it, but I certainly am. They can call me anytime! :blush:

3 Likes