What subscription to buy to use API with gpt-3.5-turbo?

Getting 429 error after switching from davinchi to gpt-3.5-turbo in my code, which use openai API:

const response = await openai.createChatCompletion({
        model: "gpt-3.5-turbo",
        temperature: 0,
        max_tokens: 1024,
        top_p: 1,
        frequency_penalty: 0,
        presence_penalty: 0,
      });

Is that because I am currently on a free API trial OR for “gpt-3.5-turbo” I need to buy GPT Plus subscription? It is strange, that when using Davinchi (with the same request frequency) I had no issues.

chatGPT Plus is completely unrelated to anything in API

That error seems to mean you have somehow reached rate limits
https://help.openai.com/en/articles/6891829-error-code-429-rate-limit-reached-for-requests

You should be able to use 3.5 if you are able to select it in playground in chat mode

Can you try to use it in playground?

keep in mind there are some differences in how the davinci API worked and how the 3.5 or 4 works
(but I guess I dont see anything wrong in what you have shown)

Thank you for the reply! Actually I have another account (its my clients account for the test). And in his case everything working fine. The only difference is that I am currently on free trial usage and the client account already use funds he added (trial already expired). Maybe there is a way for me also to switch from free trial till it finishes?

Another difference is that my client had previously “Plus” subscription. However, currently it is expired, and as far as I understood it has nothing to do with API.