Weekly Plugin Mentorship and Sharing Sessions - Who's Interested?

Creating plugins for ChatGPT poses unique challenges compared to the control we have over other products. Throughout this journey, I’ve gained valuable insights that I’d like to share with the community, and I’m sure you all have important experiences to contribute as well.

As an engineer with 14 years of experience and having worked with OpenAI’s APIs since November, I’ve led the development of AI products in production used by thousands. We launched our flagship product, Message AI, in February, followed by multiple AI VS Code extensions in March. Recently, we introduced The Ansible, our first plugin, and are now developing the next one.

Given the small size of our community at the moment, we can all benefit from collaboration and shaping the future together. We could discuss topics like payment handling strategies for plugins, determining best practices collectively, exploring platform usage and plugin-building techniques, as well as plugin architecture, tooling, ideas, experiments, and collaborations—the list goes on.

I’m already hosting a weekly live hack event, and I’m considering extending this to include a weekly live plugin discussion/share. If you’re interested in joining, presenting at an event, sharing your plugin along with its design/tech aspects, or simply asking questions, please leave a comment below. I’ll arrange something for next week (I would start it tomorrow, but I’m down with a bad cold this week).

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Chase W. Norton

8 Likes

I’m happy to help. I can promote on my Reddit. there are 7000 or so Ai programmers who are very active on it.

3 Likes

Thats great! Having a vibrate community like that will definitely help as we try to bring us all together. Ill share on post on there as well :handshake:

As a developer from Asia, I am very optimistic about the future of chatgpt plug-in. I hope to participate in your plug-in activity, and I hope the activity can be held in the form of online, live or other online means.
I’ll take an active part. Thank you.

1 Like

Id love to participate - add Ash to the list! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me in. I’m mostly interested in learning from others, but can talk briefly about some issues around llmsearch, my web search plugin, if you think it’s worth a few minutes. Your call, I’m sure there is lots of more interesting stuff out there.

1 Like

Fantastic! It seems like there’s a decent amount of interest already, and from my experience, even a little initial interest can grow into something truly amazing.

I’ll go ahead and arrange a YouTube Live event for early next week, possibly on Monday or Tuesday. I’ll share the details here by tomorrow, so we all have time to plan and prepare. Excited to see what we can learn and create together!

Chase W. Norton

Also interested. Looking forward to it! :blush:

1 Like

I’ve been developing with the open AI chat completion endpoints since about December, and since then have made some incredible stuff using python and some clever prompt-response control tactics using chat GPT’s coding and reasoning logic to create programs that can -create- word documents with styling and appropriate content, excel sheets for businesses, PowerPoints and soon to be PDF’s. With automatic styles and content created by GPT. Which I would love to take this power and create a cool GPT plugin for users.

COUNT ME IN!

1 Like

Did you already have your live event? I would like to participate in the next session if possible, thank you.

1 Like

Hey everyone! We’re so glad to see such an enthusiastic response and interest in our upcoming live event, “ChatGPT Plugin Pioneers: Conquering the AI Frontier.” Your experience, insights, and passion for collaboration will be invaluable in driving progress in the ChatGPT plugin space.

The event will be held online on Friday, May 5th at 5:30pm PST and will run for approximately one hour. We’ll be streaming it on multiple platforms, including YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Here’s the link to the YouTube event: ChatGPT Plugin Pioneers: Igniting the AI Revolution - YouTube

During the event, we’ll discuss various aspects of plugin development, address your questions, and foster a supportive environment for developers to connect and learn from one another. We’re excited to have you on board, whether you’re joining, presenting, or asking questions. We look forward to connecting with you all and growing together as a community!

Link to full details: Unleash Your ChatGPT Plugin Potential: Join Our Live Event and Collaborative Community!

Chase W. Norton

1 Like

Excited to join, Chase!
More importantly, however: How are you feeling? Need anything?

1 Like

Hi @AshleyLindley !

Thank you for asking! Caught a really persistent bug, but finally feeling much better and back to 100%. Full steam ahead :wink:

Chase W. Norton

So happy to hear this! Looking forward to the event!

1 Like

I am ready to proceed! It sounds wonderful and I am looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi @Chase-W-Norton I’d like to participate as well please.

1 Like

Just a quick heads-up - if you’re interested in presenting your plugin/development work or participating as a speaker in the Q&A segment, kindly drop me a direct message so I can provide you with the co-speaker link and request any necessary preparation materials.

Here’s the agenda for the event:

1. Welcome and Introduction: 2-3 minutes
  2. Plugin Developer Presentations: 10-12 minutes each
  3. Q&A Session (including previously submitted questions via DM): 10-15 minutes
  4. Closing Remarks: 2-3 minutes

I love the enthusiastic responses and can’t wait to meet all of you tomorrow!

Chase W. Norton

1 Like

@Chase-W-Norton could you please record the event so those in other time zones can watch it at a more convenient time?

Of course :slight_smile: It is being streamed and recorded. We want as many people as possible to join, watch, and get connected.

1 Like

Hey!

I may have missed the email, but when is the session date/time?

Thanks!

Zachary