Using AI to analyze and edit DNA for long life

I think the most important thing we can do with AI is decode and edit the human genome. The main goal is this: human beings only live 70-80 years, but across generations our species lives for hundreds of millions of years. So, edit human DNA to renew the body in the same way that a child is conceived, replacing all its tissues with brand new cells like a newborn. That way an individual person would live as long as the species, hundreds of millions of years. We can also design cells that replace our bodies’ cells, but with altered DNA (that way a person can become “immortal” even if they weren’t born with the “immortal” DNA). This technology seems to be within our grasp. Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

I agree with you I am a researcher working on genetics

I don’t want to float in space when the stars have stopped spending light…

I agree. in the future, artificial intelligence will be able to completely analyze the human genome and calculate all scenarios and extend human life span (or make us biologically immortal). in fact, I am sure we will see this in 10-20 years. what do you think?

1 Like

I don’t think our solar system has enough energy for that…

I mean what about reproduction?

We could potentially have millions of children each and they as well…

I’m a researcher / investor seeking startups interested in precisely THAT.

It’s obvious this needs to be done. And thus it’s obvious this is going to be done, by us - sooner or later.

Same as it’s obvious that advanced spices would travel by sending their DNA (if such a lame analog data store still needed) and state of consciousness to remote distant replication farms (as information) rather than dispatching their whole bodies each time they want to travel.

This needs to be done so it’s obvious that’s already surely being done (just not by us).

You are more than just dna. Otherwise we’d have that for quiet some while.
Your DNA can be stored on computers already, you could send a space ship to mars and transmit your DNA data to it.
Pretty sure you could even send a clone there.

But it’s not you. And I doubt that when you die that you wake up in a clone.

State of consciousness though is such a large data set… Transmission would take forever in binary.

But who knows… maybe I am wrong.

Nobody here suggested that ‘you are dna’ .

Certainly it wasn’t me, so I’m not sure where this is coming from.

On the other hand, it’s like saying you aren’t atoms. Or are you.

Are atoms even ‘real’?

But certainly ‘we’ can be represented , our ‘minds’ can be represented as instances of a certain kind of a state machine (even assuming quantum interactions ). And that state certainly can be replicated, at least in theory.

Just please do not bring religion along, that most certainly is not a place for that type of a discussion.

We not only can sequence our dna, interestingly each of us differs by a few hundred kilobytes, where’s full genome is more or less is a single CD.

Religion? I bet whoever if any “made” life did it by accident.

But different information gathered per minute are way more than GBytes of data for sure.

I think pharmacogenomics should grow now

At least not for our generation