Transparency and Purchases

An Honest Review of OpenAI’s Chat-GPT 4: Transparency Woes

As an optimistic user excited to dive into the enhanced capabilities of OpenAI’s Chat-GPT 4, I must admit I was left with a rather bittersweet taste in my mouth. Let’s embark on a journey through the land of false promises, hidden limitations, and the quest for transparency. Buckle up buttercups!

OpenAI, oh OpenAI, you had me at “upgrade.” The anticipation of a more powerful language model with a touch of AI wit had my hopes soaring. Little did I know, these hopes would be dashed against the rocks of dishonesty.

The first offense came in the form of half-truths. OpenAI proudly proclaimed that their Chat-GPT 4 model would remain “useful during times of high demand.” Oh, how they lured us in with those honeyed words! But alas, it turns out that the reality was far from the utopia they painted. Only after my hard-earned cash had vanished into the digital void did they casually mention the message cap every three hours. Clever move, OpenAI. Very clever indeed.

Now, I’m not one to shy away from a reasonable restriction. Even a message cap every three hours, as excessive as it may be, could have been acceptable if only it were communicated upfront. Transparency is a virtue that seems to have eluded our dear friends at OpenAI. It’s not the limitation of the upgraded service that irks me; it’s the fact that they played a cunning game of hide-and-seek with vital information.

Call me old-fashioned, but I believe in making informed decisions. OpenAI, you essentially robbed me of the chance to assess the true value of your offering. If only you had been forthcoming about the limitations, I would have gladly weighed the pros and cons before parting with my not-so-hard earned money. But alas, you chose a different path—one paved with disillusionment.

Now, before anyone jumps to conclusions, let me make it clear that my frustration is not with the limits themselves. It’s the lack of upfront honesty that stings the most. It’s akin to entering a restaurant, placing an order, and only after the bill arrives, discovering that there’s an additional charge for breathing their air. Disappointing, to say the least.

OpenAI, your Chat-GPT 4 model while impressive and highly useful, has left me a bit disenchanted. But I assure you, my intentions are pure and I’m not in the pursuit of being a disgruntled Karen. Perhaps in the future a dash of transparency and a pinch of honesty will do wonders for your company.

Disclaimer: This review was generated using Chat-GPT, an AI language model developed by OpenAI.

GPT-4 currently has a cap of 25 messages every 3 hours.

1 Like

really it depends. cuz I’ve gotten way more than 25 in an hour it comes down to how u word it

1 Like