Suggestion to improve ChatGPT’s memory feature for better user experience

Hello OpenAI Team and fellow ChatGPT users,

I am a dedicated ChatGPT user and truly appreciate the memory feature that allows ChatGPT to remember important information about me. This feature has been incredibly helpful for long-term conversations, especially in learning and personal development.

However, I feel that the current memory capacity is quite limited. I often have to delete old information to make room for new ones, which can be frustrating because there are many things I would like to keep without losing previous data. I hope there will be an option to expand the memory capacity or a feature that allows users to manage and choose which information to keep or remove.

Is OpenAI planning to enhance the memory capacity or provide users with more control over stored information in conversations? I believe this would be a highly beneficial feature for many users.

Thank you to the OpenAI team for your continuous efforts in improving ChatGPT. I hope this feedback will be considered!

Best regards,
[elisa]

The recently increased the memory for all tiers earlier this year. depending on your chat gpt sub you get more I believe in the higher tiers. (may want to check that as I am not 100% sure but pretty sure I heard that or read it)

Either way I agree they should offer ability to either allow more space through the cloud storage options perhaps seeing they support that already. or offer a new price model for space.

alternative if you are a dev you and use Api which allows you to build your own system. That is what I ended up doing with kruel.ai a memory ai for what you seek. not available publicly but its possible for sure.

you can manage your memory already in the account settings where you can enable disable etc.

you can click on Manage memories to remove stuff.

or you can simply tell the ai when chatting with it to remember or forget things.

hope that helps.

also if you want to check out your future dream ai you can come see my project :wink:

keep in mind I linked the top of the project which is many years ago so current stuff is at the bottom. There are many other projects out there that are building similar concepts in many ways. and even if you are not a developer you have a chatgpt friend that can help you build your dream.

**keep in mind api has a cost per transaction and if can get pricey if you build it wrong :slight_smile:

The memory is orders of magnitude too small. The 25% increase you get with paid isn’t worth it because this feature is so limited it is not worth any money at all. It is useless for real projects of any scope beyond a 3 day task. I would have bought plus today if it had an actual useable memory amount for the kind of projects people actually use chat GPT for. I’ve barely scratched the surface on a new bit of software and am using chat GPT to help. It’s already full. 25% won’t help. I need 100s of times more space. Less than 40 hours of work done on my projects in total and I can’t do any more with Chat GPT.

So OpenAI staff, as this feature is expanded, unless I can use it for a project that lasts years, It’s not worth any money to me or anyone using it for large software projects, one of your largest customer bases. Please consider MASSIVE increases in storage or the ability to save memory on local drives or save it to your cloud to save you space. Chat GPT was an essential part of this plan after I heard of your projects feature, but now they are on hold until the feature VASTLY improves its memory. I want to give you my money every month if you can do this, it is the one feature that seems worth money to me, if it had the memory to see a project through. I am definitely not alone in this. You will make lots of money if you do this.

my best guess of the future will be that they will most likely offer paid storage with various levels. it makes the most sense for their cloud system. I know microsoft is working on an infinite memory system as well.

That’s good to hear, thanks!