Still waiting for GPT-4 API access. Signed up on launch day

Hey all,
Understand GPT-4 is still in early stages but wondering if it’s normal that I haven’t got access to the API yet? It seems as though everyone I speak to says they got access within days and I’m yet to hear anything.

Is there someone worth reaching out to? Anyone else in the same boat?
Same applies for the ChatGPT plugins.

3 Likes

Same man I also trying to get on to support if I can have two emails on my chatgpt plus. There’s no support

1 Like

Yeah support is subpar to say the least. Especially when you’re paying a premium for a service and can’t get a reply.

1 Like

Are you wanted it for the auto GPT too. Man I want to see this guy’s project.

1 Like

You can use it with gpt-3.5-turbo, just not as powerful.

1 Like

I signed up on day 1 as well and haven’t received access yet.

It’s not a waitlist, it’s a lottery

Tried to contact costumer support, I’ve waited for over 20 days, still no response.

5 Likes

Yep I see but i didn’t like it it better be better with gpt4.

1 Like

I think their infrastructure is getting swamped by all the demand. Let’s give them some more time and I’m sure we’ll all get access soon as they scale.

1 Like

Same issue. I see all sorts non devs and jokesters trying to use v4 to develop uselless content bots with access to v4. We’ve been waiting for it since day one while a project I want my team to work on can’t quite move forward because 3.5 isn’t “bright” enough. So many ideas, such a poorly managed deployment…

7 Likes

Yep I think so too. So hard to wait but :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely…. A bit of a shame really, kinda takes the shine out of it.

3 Likes

Same here. I’m thriving with ideas … got lots of work to do… but still haven’t got access to 4.0. I wish there was a way to progress this. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

3 Likes

I agree. I wish there was a way to either:

a) Make a case directly to OpenAI for the relative importance of our need (i.e., there is some important benefit to some community gained by access); or,

b) Pay a premium fee for access.

2 Likes

yeah me too. been a pro user since the very beginning too.
no gpt-4 api access, and no plugins access.
im a saaaaad panda.

1 Like

Got access a couple days ago now, anyone else also manage to be added?

2 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few folks on twitter recently saying they’ve got access. Sounds like they are expanding.

Part of the problem is that garbage repo is likely stealing tonnes of server resources. They claim GPT4 access, though I haven’t dug too deeply. Hopefully OAI is able to shut them down as they are trying to do.

For those of us who are unwilling to hack around the barriers the situation is very frustrating, especially since if they just raised the prices it would likely all go away. Third party sites would shut down the free api access to these repos and folks would largely be more mindful about how they’re using the APIs, freeing up resources for the rest of us.

This is literally the whole point of capitalism.

The cloud model of pricing high and then reducing it (or keep prices flat in face of inflation) as new resources come online is a great model. It allows folks to plan reliably as they know whatever works now will only work better in the future. You can attract investment in a working model because investors see a profitable future.

If the goal here is to raise prices over time, that makes it really hard to plan and get investment as the future doesn’t look so bright.

1 Like

I am also waiting for api approval. Signed up on launch day as well. @logankilpatrick can you please check for me.

Thank you

2 Likes

The same, they are trying to attract with GPT4 and create scarcity, hunger to increase Marketing effect :)), to be honest, since the day GPT 4 was released, I see the results of the old models like farce, and it’s much worse, even ChatGPT

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m almost at the point now where I’m going to have to use an open source model tuned for my use case. There are some better than gpt3.5 for what I want to do. It’s a hassle, but I can’t afford to wait any longer and it’s unclear when access is going to come.

2 Likes

May I ask a question here? I’m waiting as well. For API and plugin

1 Like