I have been waiting for two months already, and I still haven't received the GPT-4 API

I have been applying since April 26th, and I have made multiple applications during this period. However, I still haven’t been granted access to the GPT-4 API. I have my own product that requires expansion, and I really hope to obtain the GPT-4 API.

3 Likes

Same for me - very disappointing, I have a beta product using GPT 3.5 but I really need 4. It may be location based - they give out access more quickly to USA devs than other countries.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s necessary to have a US credit card linked to the API.

I’m also waiting for the long time. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m in the UK and have API access OK using a UK credit card…:slight_smile:

i think it’s not related to the location i leave in morocco and i had access to the GPT4 api a month ago , after a long long waiting time seeing devs having fun with it , i feel you , be patient (easy to say)

1 Like

We can only wait, I applied on April 13th. Binding the US credit card the day before yesterday

yeah, same here, would love to get access, we are experiment with some advance prompts and need access to GPT4 asap. Hope the gods at OpenAI are listening to this…lol

Different tone: I decided to pay to have access to GPT-4 and with the first API-call from an app that is not a quick and dirty hot-needle hack I get a reasonable error message:
API key does not support gpt-4, falling back to gpt-3.5

Wondering how I should be able to read all the fine print not to get trapped.
G.

How did you gain access to a GPT-4 API key? Was it granted by OpenAI or was it sold to you?

Are you asking ME?
Where do you read / get from that I have a GPT-4 API key, when I’m clearly complaining that I don’t!?
When I decided to get the Plus subscription I did NOT expect to have access to beta features like Code Interpreter, but I DID expect to have the same API functionality as with chatGPT (3.5 (turbo)).

I must of misunderstood you

1 Like

well, I’ve been waiting for 3 months and no news :frowning: It really sucks.

It would be helpful if an official gave a healthy explanation or direction about the waiting.

What are we waiting for? What are we waiting? We don’t know.

1 Like