Hi everyone! I’ve built a little fun project to auto-generate charts based on any input with GPT-3.
Here’s what I’ve found so far:
- Works well 70% of the time with only one learning example
- Based on what you ask, it chooses the right unit/suffix for the y-scale to compare the data
- Correctly returns the output as a json object
Possible new features:
- Allowing you to ask things about the data, such as “why is A higher than B?”
- Allow multiple ways of starting the question (“List the…” was provided as the only example)
- Adding a trends feature for line charts
The most interesting part to me is how it’s able to figure out the correct value for the y-scale. For example, when you ask it to show the tallest buildings in the world it figures out it should compare them by height, and it displays the correct unit on the chart. Same goes for percentages, weight, number per population, etc.
I’m probably not going to release this, but thought this was cool to share
You can check out the little video demo here: