Response: "The model `gpt-4o` does not exist or you do not have access to it."

Getting the response error below. Already have $10.00 deposit in account. Using endpoint: “/v1/chat/completions”. I’m not allowed to put url links in this forum. The preceeding value is openai.dotcom I’m stump.

{
“error”: {
“message”: “The model gpt-4o does not exist or you do not have access to it.”,
“type”: “invalid_request_error”,
“param”: null,
“code”: “model_not_found”
}
}

Same, did you managed to solve it?

same in here , did anyone find a solution ?

I spent a few hours trying trial and error. Here’s what worked for me: First make sure you have a deposited amount already to use their API. Next, delete the API key that you were using that didn’t work. Next, generate a new API key and use it in your code.

3 Likes

Here’s what I can add to the topic…

With the more granular project API keys being able to be restricted to specific endpoints and models it should be expected that any API key created prior to an account having access to a particular model will not automatically gain access to any new models just because the account has gained access to these models.

It may be that this particular case is unique and if OpenAI were to release, for example, a gpt-4.5 model none of anyone’s existing API keys would have access to this model and new keys would need to be created.

This is speculation at this point, but it makes sense to me that simply because a new model becomes available to the organization doesn’t mean the organization wants a particular API key to be able to access that model.

This worked for me thanks