Recommended stacks for a chatbot?

I’ve been experimenting with the Assistant API for a few weeks now, and am ready to start putting some project ideas into production. First I want to make some chatbots.

I’ve messed with VoiceFlow’s implementation and even used their API blocks to interact my own Python+Flask instance of an Assistant, but I don’t really see the need to pay for their service if it’s basically just a frontend component.

1. What do you use for building/hosting your chat window?
  2. Do you prefer something for the backend different from Python+Flask?
  3. What do you like to use for micro service APIs, when knowledge docs are not enough? Again I’m thinking Python+Flask spun up on something easy like Replit.

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

The beauty is that the API can be used with anything. Some people use ruby, some people use R, some guy made a fortran lib :laughing:

I’m personally a fan of node, but you sometimes do need to use python for some stuff. If you’re comfortable with it, it’s a very versatile option.

Regarding front ends, I’m starting to wonder if front end libraries are starting to lose their purpose - it’s so easy to whip something up from scratch with gpt-4/copilot with a little bit of practice.

And docker to tie it all together. Wrap everything into an image and you can run it anywhere.

But imo the choice of stack is person/team/project dependent.

What are you trying to build?