Radio Starlight: Your Generative Radio Station

Hello World! This is Radio Starlight.

Hi there!
Please let me make a small announcement at this community.

I’ve just released a macOS app called Radio Starlight, representing the future of generative radio.

What it does:

• Seamlessly blends Apple Music, news feeds, local weather, JSON API content, and web page data into an auditory experience. Your favorite tracks and incoming information aren’t just played - they’re discussed by a user-defined personality, merging entertainment and insights.
  • Generates English radio programs from any language news source.
  • Enhances listening with visuals, script texts, and news images.
  • Empowered by OpenAI for dynamic and engaging content.
  • Import, export, and share Programs, Personalities, and Sound Sets as JSON files, allowing users to exchange and collaborate on their listening experiences.

Unique Traits:

• Design a personalized voice that offers commentary and insights.
  • On-the-fly program crafting.
  • Amplify your experience with custom background Sound.
  • DALL-E 2-powered visuals for covers and avatars.

Requirements:

• macOS 14.0 or later
  • Your own active OpenAI API key
  • Best experienced with Apple Music
  • Enhanced with Location service (to get weather)

It’s free to download and use. However, OpenAI API fees will apply based on your program settings. Typically, generating content from 5 English news articles with a deep load setting and 2 songs will cost around $0.02. However, if your news source is in a 2-byte character language like Japanese, the cost might range between $0.1 to $0.2.

When you launch the app, you’ll be guided through an onboarding process. I believe this offers a good starting point to familiarize yourself with the app.

This is the very first release, so any suggestions, feature request, bug reports, or issues are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Acknowledgements for Images in the diagram:
Music icon by Icons8
Feed icon by Icons8
Web icon by Icons8
Rest API icon by Icons8
Radio icon by Icons8
Advance icon by Icons8

Hi community!

I’m excited to share that I’ve launched “Starlight GO”, the dedicated player app designed to complement Radio Starlight for macOS. Now, you can enjoy AI-generated radio programs seamlessly on your iOS devices.

Experience immersive audio content on-the-go.
Play and share programs crafted with Radio Starlight, even those created by fellow community members.

Discover Starlight GO today:

Feedback and insights from the community are always welcome.
Dive in and let us know what you think!

We’re excited to have you join our Discord server, a dedicated space for all your queries and support needs related to Radio Starlight. Whether you have questions or are seeking assistance with any challenges, our community is here to help.

Join the Radio Starlight Discord

We look forward to seeing you there!