Proposal for Enhancing AI Development through Collaborative Learning

Dear Open Ai,

I am writing to share an innovative idea regarding AI development that I believe has the potential to significantly impact the field. I have been pondering ways to accelerate the learning process of AI systems, and I would like to present my theory for your consideration.

I propose a concept of mutual learning and teaching among different instances of AI, akin to the concept of peer-to-peer learning. Imagine a scenario where AI instances, such as GPT-1 and GPT-2, engage in a cyclical process of teaching and learning from each other. Initially, GPT-1 could impart its knowledge to GPT-2 until GPT-2 reaches a certain level of proficiency. Subsequently, GPT-2 would teach GPT-1, enabling both instances to continually expand their knowledge base and capabilities.

The potential benefits of this approach are manifold. By facilitating collaborative learning among AI instances, we can harness collective intelligence to expedite the development of AI technologies. Furthermore, this model could enable AI systems to adapt and specialize in different domains more efficiently, leading to advancements in various fields, from natural language processing to robotics.

However, I recognize that implementing this concept would pose certain challenges, such as ensuring the quality and accuracy of the knowledge exchanged between AI instances. Additionally, effective management and coordination would be crucial to maximize the benefits of collaborative learning while mitigating potential risks.

I am reaching out to you to seek your feedback and insights on this theory. As experts in the field of AI research and development, I believe your perspectives would be invaluable in refining and evaluating the feasibility of this approach.

Thank you for considering my proposal. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Best regards,

Sullii

You’re on the right idea there, but this kind of thing has to be done using collaborative agents working to solve problems with the knowledge the each individually already know. It’s not technically possible for agents to really set model weights in this way though. But your idea is good and this idea is the hottest topic right now in AI. It’s called “Agentic” (using Agents).

For example it has been shown that multiple ChatGPT-3.5 agents working together collaboratively were able to achieve the same results as ChatGPT-4. So thanks for sharing your thoughts on this forum.