In what different ways do you utilize ChatGPT? Could you please share five specific use cases or applications
- Programming on Python
- Education in litle detail in programing
- Analyze text on include or no service request (API)
- Fast generation the commercial offer
- editing various lists
here’s my use cases:
LEARNING: summarizing complex YouTube videos (like those from Veritasium), or explaining in simpler terms paper’s abstract and excerpt;
HEALTH: I developed a simple little app for tracking the relationship between my eating patterns and my autoimmune disease. Basically correlating my daily dietary habits and my symptoms through data collection;
WORK: in the software house where I’m employed, which has been around since the early '90s, I’ve tailored ChatGPT (with our proprietary documentation) to serve as a virtual assistant. It’s been a game-changer in helping me comprehend and debug our extensive C and C++ old codebase;
DOCUMENTATION: I’ve also been using it to generate detailed Doxygen documentation, enhancing the maintainability of the software we develop;
FUN/EXPERIMENTATION: I love testing its capabilities, experimenting with various prompts to see the range of outcomes it can produce.
I wrote over 550 lines of Arduino code for a stepper motor controller using ChatGPT’s guidance. Starting with an overview, I progressed through the project by refining sections and functions. My previous C++ experience was limited, but I advanced the code by integrating ChatGPT’s responses into new prompts.
The project evolved over 50-75 conversations, including deep-dives into coding principles. The technique of pairing ChatGPT’s replies with the original prompts, followed by a simple “what do you think?” question, proved effective for improvement.
Delaying compilation until the end led to about 15 errors, which were efficiently resolved with ChatGPT’s help. I’m now perfecting the logic with ChatGPT’s support. This approach, though unconventional, has been highly educational, yielding a functional and well-structured code.
I use chatbots for text formatting and smart translation. Examples:
I have a math text with formulas conteined between
$signs. I want to replace them with
</math>tags. Auto-replace will not work, because the opening and closing
$signs are the same, so I use AI, which does the job excellently.
I have a localization file for a program in XML format. I tell the chatbot to translate it to another language while keeping the XML stucture. I provide the context and purpose of the program. The chatbot does the job excellently.
I copy a table from a website. The table as pasted into a text editor is not formatted and does not look like a table at all. I tell the chatbot and it fixes the table format, making it appear just great.
I also use chatbots when I need some rare Unicode character, whose name and purpose I do not know, so I describe its appearanve to a chatbot and he generates it, which can be then copy-pasted into my text.
- Testing the depth of my understanding of a concept by using GPT as a sounding board.
- Building logical arguments to support a hypothesis and asking if each of my premises stands to reason.
- Providing numerous real world examples, or alternative explanations to the few given in my textbooks.
- Crafting a course overview, set of lesson plans, and major topics to be covered in each lesson. Each to end with a 20 question multiple choice quiz to test my retention.
- Being able to save my lesson plans in “user instructions” section so as time passes, GPT knows what I’ve learned, what still needs to be covered, and from my quiz grades, what I may need to revisit.
- Help in writing and debugging code
- Generate test cases for code
- Research on varying topics
- Language translation
- Mathematical help