OpenAI's services are not available in your country. (error=unsupported_country)

I am chinese and I logged into the VPN and changed the node to the US region, but every time I log in, it redirects to our country with the message “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country. (error=unsupported_country)”. "But I have closed all extensions and cleared cookies during this period, but no effective solution, what should I do? Looking forward to the reply

2 Likes

I logged in Poland IP.
I have been using ChatGPT since January this year.
Today I see same error in my VPS too.

I was using it since January without nay issues. All of sudden to day it started showing this error.
I logged in from India…
Thanks

1 Like

it perfectly worked for me for a month or two but from march I’m getting this error while I’m in Kazakhstan and it’s in list of supported countries… Hope they will fix it asap

1 Like

Same issue here. Just built my first project with OpenAI API yesterday and can’t open any page of “platform.openai.com” today! Worked fine for a couple of weeks and of course I didn’t change country and never used VPN or something.

1 Like

Same problem here. I`m in Kazakhstan. Phone number Kazakhstans. But still “OpenAI’s services are not available in your country”. One months ago there are not any problem with logging in.

I had the same problem while logged in, however, I changed the VPN region to France which works.

1 Like

hope useful :sob:
I don’t know if the account is banned.

Same here. I’m in Mongolia. It perfectly worked for me since January any issues. All of sudden to day it started showing this error. But really strange,On mobile phone with same vpn node, It works fine .but on pc side windows, It doesn’t work with same vpn node. From last week no one in our company is able to use chatGPT anymore. Disappointing that they give so little importance to the issue. We are dozens of paying users.

As a company we have strict rules regarding security. No one can install a vpn client on the company computers to use chatgpt, so the suggested workaround is useless.

Please fix the problem.

• IP address: 192.168.44.19
  • Error reference: Oops!
    We were unable to determine your country of origin to enforce geographical restrictions. Please use a different network, or contact us at help.openai.com if the issue persists.
  • User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36

I’m having the same issue in San Francisco, California. This is really annoying.