OpenAI DevDay 2024 (San Francisco, London, Singapore)

Hello, DevDay 2024 is going to take place this October-November, but instead of the 2023 version, it is going to be taking place in three cities!

Here is a list of the dates and places that it is going to take place in:

San Francisco October 1
London October 30
Singapore November 21

Here is a list of what’s going to be happening:

• Workshops: Hands-on technical sessions to deepen your skills and explore new possibilities with the OpenAI platform and API tools.
  • Breakout sessions: Discussions on best practices around model customization, evals, steerability, scaling, and a variety of other topics, led by AI experts and community members.
  • Demos: Meet the OpenAI product and engineering teams and see our models and platform in action.
  • Developer spotlights: Take a look at boundary-pushing projects created by our talented developer community and top startups.
  • Evening reception: Close out the evening with dinner, drinks, and entertainment.

The registration fee is $450, though limited scholarships are available.

You can apply here to join: https://openai.com/devday/

11 Likes

I am interested in hearing your speculation on what model you believe the development team is going to be releasing:

• GPT-4.5
  • GPT-4
  • Q*
  • Sora
0 voters

If OpenAI releases another GPT4x model I think I’m going to cry overlapping tears.

I hope they release more powerful toolings to help control & steer all the features they’re releasing, and hopefully hear some news about SoRA.

I’ve been using competitors and the toolsets they offer are what really make it worthwhile. I don’t care for a perfect model that completely transforms content and produces a finished version, I care for an editable format that I can now push and pull different features in and out of.

I’m really excited to see more information about GPT-4o Mini. Such an amazing model.

8 Likes

A mix of both would be nice too.

I totally agree about the toolset and some ChatGPT updates would be appreciated as well.

i was expecting they will hold one in tokyo since they have local office here.

it is really too far away to make any speculation since they can release anything before. but here’s my wish list:

• update on whisper api (available model is still whisper-1), maybe diarization?
  • update on tts (also still tts-1)
  • release of full modal gpt-4o (voice in - voice out).
2 Likes

Do you mean in the API a bunch of users have started receiving access in ChatGPT.

Yes, these would be good updates but I wonder if they will discontinue the tts model and just replace it with an API gpt-4o-voice model.

yes, in the API. i saw the one in chatgpt so i am very stoked to have the same capability in the API.

Re: announcing a new model at Dev Day 2024 - This TC article came out @ 3pm EST today and has this OpenAI quote:

"We’re not planning to announce our next model at DevDay,” an OpenAI spokesperson told TechCrunch. “We’ll be focused more on educating developers about what’s available and showcasing dev community stories.”

So unfortunately, sounds like we won’t get 4.5 or 5 til later this year. :pensive:

2 Likes

Given that it is spread out over the course of seven-and-a-half weeks, it seems unlikely they would drop a big new model.

4 Likes

I did think that it was odd especially since they have workshops beforehand, you would think they would want that afterward. They might even drop a new model before hand and then do demo’s about it at DevDay, but again it is called developer day and not new model day.

I hope they update DALLE-3 so we can edit, do variations, and other things that the competitors are doing. Would also be amazing if they could lower the price like they have been doing with the GPT models.

Dear OpenAI Experts,
I was trying to register via the application form for OpenAI Dev Days London but I keep getting the following error. Is there anybody who can help with fixing this problem? Thank you

SOAP request failed: Internal Server Error, sf:INVALID_LOGININVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username or password, locked out or Customer Service Portal is not enabledINVALID_LOGINInvalid username or password, locked out or Customer Service Portal is not enabled

1 Like

@grandell1234 I have been having trouble submitting my application on DevDay 2024 page. I don’t know if someone else is having this same challenge.

This has been flagged to the development team. Please be paitent.

I’m getting the same error message. I hope they have if fixed before application close date.

Okay. Thanks for your response @grandell1234

The page is working now. I was able to submit my application. Thanks @grandell1234

Wow, very exciting!! I wish I saw this sooner. Seems like sign-ups are closed now?

Has anyone heard back yet on whether or not they’ve been accepted? I know they said we will hear back if we’re in by August 23rd, but curious if they’ve started sending out confirmations yet.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting too… would love to get selected

1 Like

Has anyone received the confirmation email?

4 Likes