OpenAI Dev-Day 2023: Dev-Day Discussion!

There were on stage presentations and then booths with staff members and a display for demonstrations.

6 Likes

Because people still want this topic open I have removed the solution.

OpenAI Dev-Day 2023 Opinion Poll: (You may vote for two items.)

• I was happy with how the event turned out.
  • I was not happy with how the event turned out.
  • I expected less.
  • I expected more.
0 voters

Summary created by AI.

The OpenAI Dev-Day 2023 Discussion began with a warm welcome by grandell1234, inviting everyone to ask questions, share insights, discuss updates, and make connections. The thread covered several queries and speculations around the announcements, including the availability of GPT-4 32k API discussed by Bigtime and tventura94, and the expected release of DallE3 API, mentioned by mnemic.

Excitement was visible about the Vision API discussed by RonaldGRuckus and a range of other potential releases like a humanoid GPT robot or AI controlled flying robo-taxi hinted by N2U. jdawg had a specific question about an AI valuation prediction made by Sam Altman.

The thread was interspersed with photos by Foxabilo from the event. Highlights from DevDay were summarized by PaulBellow featuring significant updates like GPT-4 Turbo, reduced pricing on input/output tokens, improved function calling, reproducible outputs beta feature, updated GPT-3.5 Turbo, the introduction of Assistants API, and more.

We saw at the event features like customizable GPTs in ChatGPT, multimodal capabilities, text-to-speech capabilities, and image generation APIs, all developments providing room for leveraging AI in various ways from data analysis apps to vacation planners. Overall, the thread generated a lot of excitement, vivid descriptions, and on-the-ground updates from the OpenAI Dev-Day 2023.

Summarized with AI on Nov 30 2023
AI used: gpt-4-32k

1 Like