Like literally the Tier system is not updating

Hey everyone,
I read so many posts and threads stating that the tier never gets updated, and there is no proper solution except waiting(for it to magically happen), and the help.openai and chatbot doesn’t even help!! It’s so frustating

2 Likes

Same here. I don’t know why this should have to happen.

Same here. Bought credits multiple times, no retriggering of tier upgrades, still stuck in free tier. :frowning:

Can you tell me the age of the account, how much you have paid and how long it has been since you made the payment?

Just making sure that you realise there is a number of days that need to have passed since your first payment and the move to a new tier level as explained here

https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/rate-limits

1. Can you tell me the age of the account : Probably like 2-3 months.
  2. how much you have paid? : 5 $ [$5.32]
  3. how long it has been since you made the payment? : 24 hours [Aug 30, 2024, 9:39 PM]

Hi everyone I got the same too.
I paid 10$ yesterday.
It’s been more than 1 day and the playground still give me the following error : “You’ve reached your usage limit. See your usage dashboard and billing settings for more details. If you have further questions, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”

The help chatbot is not an human or he does not want to understand or check closely.

My account is approximately one year old and I’ve never used the playground before.

Can you tell me the age of the account : Probably 5 months.
how much you have paid? : $10
how long it has been since you made the payment? : more than 24 hours

Just trying to upgrade to Tier 1.

I created my OpenAI API account yesterday and have added $15 to my account balance for the pay as you go system. My account is still at free tier and I would like higher a RPM.

I have no idea what the issue was, but I have access to Tier 1 now.

OpenAI has confirmed that they identified the bug, rolled out a fix, and are working through the backlog of affected accounts.

Please take a look at the topic linked below and report back if the issue persists:

I will close this topic and ask you to continue the conversation there if needed.