It disappears when send a message in the browser

When I send a message from chatgpt web, the message disappears and there is no response.

When I look at the browser logs with developer tools, I get the following error “Uncaught (in promise)” every time a message disappears. This seems to be a browser issue as it works fine on other coworkers’ PCs.

I’ve seen it happen in Chrome and Edge, and I’ve tried clearing the cache and logging out. I’ve tried chatgpt4 and 3.5 with the same symptoms. I’ve also tried incognito browsers, just in case it’s an extension issue, but it’s the same.

5 Likes

I’m dealing with the exact same issue as you :frowning:

1 Like

Same here

I solved it by deleting all cookies and data related to the openai.com url from my browser.

1 Like

Deleting cookies didn’t work for me. Same error anyways. Besides I tried to use another browser. It worked for some requests. Then I had the same error with safari too.

Deleting cookies didn’t work for me too.
Same error anyways also with other browser (Edge)

Same problem for me. Cleaning cookies doesn’t help. My browser is Edge.

I cleaned all cookies and tried Mozilla, chrome, and Opera but same issue I can’t submit my messages.
Win 11.

Same problem, clear data, clear cache not help
chrome: 122.0.6261.111

I experience the exact same problem with Safari. I’ve tried clearing the cache, but it won’t work.
With Edge, it works just fine.

same problem, not fun. Is being like that for about 10 hours for me.

1 Like

I’ve encountered the same issue too, do you know of any good solutions for it?

I had the same problem. But when I tried manually switching the language to English in the Settings (previously set to Chinese) and then refreshed the page, it worked.

1 Like

same problem, inthe days 8 an 9 /03/2024

resolve clear cache and cookies in chrome

Same problem as described above, even was not working in separate browser (FireFox) and only worked in Chrome incognito mode.

Only opening up DevTools and manually cleaning up cookies, local / global Storage helped to resolve the issue.

From developers perspective looks like OpenAI for Web rolled out untested update.

Same thing, latest Chrome, clearing cookies do not work. Looks like bug in javascript code from OpenAI

Same problem. I managed to solve it by clearing the cookies.

I clear my localstorage and sessionStorage,and i resolve this probeam