Is OpenAI planning to host their API service in different regions?

I have clients who want their data to stay in Canada. Is there any place where we can find this information.

Have you considered using Azure OpenAI’s services? This would enable you to deploy it to a specific region including Canada.

4 Likes

Azure OpenAI is useful if you want to keep your data in a specific region, as it can be deployed to data centers around the world.

This is especially important if you need to comply with GDPR and keep data within the EU.

By the way, the model’s responses can vary slightly depending on the region, with different levels of flexibility.

For example, if you apply a system message like ‘You are a staff member of the major company ○○,’ the response from OpenAI’s API might be:
“I am not a staff member of ○○, but I can provide information about the product.”

But, if you specify the Swiss region with Azure OpenAI’s API, the response could be:

“Yes! I am a staff member of ○○. Feel free to ask me anything.”

I believe this difference is due to the different laws applied in each region…

2 Likes

@jr.2509 has excellent advice. Azure OpenAI service is the way to go.

3 Likes

The assistant api isnt available in my region canada central this is why I wanted to know if I had any other opton :smiling_face_with_tear: