Models hosted in the EU any time soon?

Hi,

I am working on use cases handling sensitive personal data of clients that are not possible to process outside the EU. I would like to use directly the services of OpenAI, but since the servers are in US , I am obliged to search for an alternative. Is Open AI willing to make it services local for EU Regions ? Any timeline in place.

Thanks.

Welcome to the community!

Azure has a lot of OpenAI models available on EU instances, you can refer to this chart here:

The functionality is more or less the same, but deployment/management is slightly more complicated (but not overly so - just tedious).

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you for you response.
EU is still behind in azure compared to US. Low usage rates , Gpt3.5-0125 is not accessible without paying for expensive PTUs etc.

1 Like

Yeah, the EU offering might be a bit behind (lots of stuff is in CH or UK). But Gpt3.5-0125 seems quite specific - is there a reason you need that particular model? :thinking:

I’d also check what you can actually deploy, sometimes the docs are behind the environment, and vice-versa.

This I can’t confirm - Microsoft has treated me fairly well here - their support is fairly responsive and they’ve always upgraded me as needed (although sometimes you may need to be a bit persuasive tbh).

1 Like