I’ve been mostly lurking so far, and wanted to introduce myself as the author of the daigr.am plugin. It’s been over a week since the plugin went live and so I have some stats that may be of interest to others. I used this opportunity to eat my own dog food so to speak and present them as a conversation I just had with ChatGPT to:
figure out how to use KQL (Kusto Query Language) which is what Azure Application Insights uses to query log data. I’ve never used it before today, so i asked for help and then out-of-view, used that to get some data to render.
produce a daigr.am using the resulting output showing the chart creation request failure and success counts over the past 7 days
adjust the visualization to better show what is intended
Here’s the entire conversation: https://chat.openai.com/share/5307da71-4837-4812-a224-7b37bae8fd3d
As you can see, my initial plug-in manifest could use a lot of improvement. Right now it takes the model an average of three requests for each successful chart creation. I think the main issue is that the request format is over-generalized to try and handle many chart types when it should be more specific to each chart type. I think creating specific request formats with meaningful field names (like groups, series, lines, etc) will help. I’ve held off making any changes to the manifest for now until the “unable to uninstall unverified plugin” issue is resolved.
I’ve had, and seen others have, a lot of success using my plugin along with other plugins to render charts with the data they produce: BlockAtlas, WebPilot, KeymateAI Search, and many others.
Hope this data and demo helps… Lots more to come!