I am unable to use OPEN AI Free API

This is the first time I am using the Open AI’s API for question answering, when I tried to run the code I am getting an error:

RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.

What should I do?

1 Like

How much time you had the “free” account? For some the $18 credit is valid for 6 months, and for others 3 or 5 months.
Your credit is zeroed, and there is a message “In order to use the OpenAI API, you need to set up a paid account.”. It seems your credit is already gone.

Ohh, I never knew this, I am not sure, when did I create my account, is there a way to get the free credits, I am testing the model for a project, and if it performs better, then I can buy the premium version of it.

Open a new account with another Google or Microsoft email for more free credit.
Some say it is necessary another phone number since it is bounded to money stuff, the second account would be a paid one - but I can’t confirm this.

But before you open the account, please read a thread about “Flagged” issue (there are two, and the solution is one of them) - don’t waste emails (or phones).

If you don’t mind could you share the link for the flagged one, please? Yah I tried to new account and it is asking for a phone number to create one.

Yes, it must clean cookies and so on. Please read carefully the last update of the procedure - ignore some discussions and quarrels.