How to break down the billing/ cost per assistant?

Hi everyone,
I have various different assistants create for different customers of mine. the functionality is quite nice. The problem now is, I have a single Open AI account with a single “usage” dashboard which I cannot seem to break down by assistant. for each month, I would need the total price that I see to be broken down to each assistant where the cost is incurred. the information must all be there, since Open AI is charging me.

how can I split the cost of my overall account by assistant? I dont want to create tons of different Open AI accounts just to get proper cost control.

Thanks and best regards
Nils

This is one of the major shortcomings of assistants.

The best way is to just get funded out the wazoo and have a major corporation or VC cover your costs lol

But realistically, you need to start thinking about a pricing model. Charging per query and computing your average costs over all accounts seems to be one of the most amenable options out there.

Just be sure to include a fair usage policy in your terms so you have a way to deal with users that potentially incur unforeseen costs.

@nils.lamb – you can see the token usage on a per-run basis via the API. You can list all of your runs, and get the assistant + model + usage params in the run object to calculate the costs here.

Noted on the general ask on having more dashboard visibility into something like this.

1 Like