How do I contact support (human)?

How do I contact the support team? As for now, I can only contact a bot that is not capable of solving my issue. I have a payment account set up.
help.openai.com does not contain any information about the support team.

6 Likes

Your best bet is still help.openai.com :laughing:

If you are interested in the reasoning behind this you can check the following post:

I hope that helps :heart:

3 Likes

they take money good money not sand

so why they cant hire company for support ???
or thet dont have problem to take our money

but have a relly F problem in give money to outsource Service company !!!

i think that some loyer need to check this regullatory
if they allowed to act with no response to 100 USERS
dont give them easy life when they shit on the head of they users !!!

we train they models
we pay for train they models
and whaen we need them
they dont give a … on US

some loyer here can give advise if they relly can act like this ?
i hope that it will be some good alternative very soon
and than we ALL can shit on them back

if they bot hang me in the face i SHIT in they face!!!

2 Likes

I agree that it is a problem. The Support chat obviously (but implicitly) uses an LLM to process user inquiries. It also throttles responses to only one per day. And of course LLM is not capable of solving non-trivial issues, while it acts like it is solving them. This is problematic and I wonder if anyone in the community has been able to contact any humans in OpenAI at all?

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to the developer forum!

I see lots of people who have spoken to support staff every day, there are a lot of developers asking for help and only a limited number of support staff able to assists, new members are being added every day and it will get better with time. For now there will be a delay while your message is processed.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the delay, although it is obvious that currently only an LLM is answering the requests.

1. Why does the LLM have to wait for damn 1 day before replying?

2. Can I somehow get a HUMAN to get involved? I don’t mind waiting as long as a human eventually chimes in, otherwise the problem remains unsolved while the support agent (LLM) pretends to have solved it.

3 Likes

Hi,

Those that help on the forum are, for the most part, all volunteers who help new developers with technical issues, we have no way to make changes to users accounts. So far I do not know what your issue is, it could be technical in nature and we could solve it in a matter of moments. But if it is regarding account changes or the like then we are unable to help.

2 Likes

Yes I understand and appreciate that community helps the way it can while it can’t fix account issues. My questions is who can do that and how do I reach them? Because OpenAI Support is only an LLM that fails to even acknowledge the problem.

2 Likes

At the risk of going around in circles, there are millions of people wishing to be developers with various queries and requirements, and there are around 500 people (growing every day as I understand it) to support them, the mathematics says that if each person takes 5-15mins to deal with then you have a considerable wait to speak to a person, there is a physical limit as to the number of people that can be added to a team at any given moment.

You have still not defined the technical issue you are having, if the problem is not technical in nature then please use the help.openai.com site and be patient while your issue is processed.

2 Likes

Thank you for your participation. The problem is that when I asked support to create a new organization for me, they instead reset my account completely as if I had zero history, while I in fact have been actively using the API since February, including GPT-4 since it has been rolled out.

The “support” completely ignored the mistake they have made and kept providing generic responses until I got mad. Now it doesn’t talk to me at all.

The problem for me is that my access to GPT-4 is gone even though I’ve spend hundreds of dollars for OpenAI services, including paid API and the ChatGPT Plus that I’ve been subscribed to since its release.

My operations are stuck because of that, I can’t take new clients and I can’t build anything with GPT-4 anymore, while there’s no one to even acknowledge that anything went wrong at all.

2 Likes

Hello. Dalle 2 is writing my info in my
Pics in a different language. I am wanting English and they are misspelled as well.

Please help

1 Like

Dall-E is notoriously bad at text. It’s not just “not English,” it’s “not actually text, in any language.”
It’s just kind-of guessing what characters might look like – it has no good conception of the written word.
If you need clear text overlaid on a picture, it’s better to generate the picture without text, and use some other tool to overlay text after the fact.

2 Likes

Dall-E is notoriously bad at text. It’s not just “not English,” it’s “not actually text, in any language.”
It’s just kind-of guessing what characters might look like – it has no good conception of the written word.
If you need clear text overlaid on a picture, it’s better to generate the picture without text, and use some other tool to overlay text after the fact.

I agree with @jwatte AI image creators have been notoriously bad at text. For most operating systems their built-in image editing software should work for adding text. :+1:

2 Likes

I totally get it😅. OpenAI’s support team is a bit swamped right now, so response times might be longer. You can contact them at support@email.com , wait, and, they’ll help you out as soon as they can.

4 Likes

I think its support@openai.com :sweat_smile:

Don’t know who end up talking to if you contact support@email.com :laughing:

3 Likes

Absolutely, They’ll reply in a week, or in a matter of days, you can end up taking to either Ms Kate or Mr Alfred :sweat_smile:. They’re the common ones i know :smile:

4 Likes

Nice good very thanks :blush: I fine like joak and yevri jhldnn jhdnd jn