How can I integrate the new GPT assistants into my website?

How to integrate the GPT assistant into a Django project at the code level. The code should replace the chatbot using OpenAI’s API.

GPTs cannot/should not be accessed externally through websites, that would be against the Terms of Service, you can look into Assistants for this, but that will require some coding knowledge.

2 Likes

This seems to be an extremely popular question, along with “can I access the GPTs through the API”.

2 Likes

the assistant can be queried , if you use assistant api calls you can use it on your site

2 Likes

Yes, there’s no doubt about that. What I want to know is how I can invoke them through my Python code.

Assistants overview - OpenAI API

The Assistants Documentation outlines how to use the API. You can always do what I did, copy and paste the documentation into GPT-4 and have it help you write what you need.

I have already done it before writing on this forum without concrete results. However, I have solved it differently. Thank you all.

1 Like

I’m sure shortly people will begin releasing free, open-source chat interfaces that work with Assistants. I’m also sure that some popular chat applications (RocketChat and Crisp are both awesome, open-source solutions!) will include the simple option of plugging in your assistant_id w/ openai key and away you go.

I highly HIGHLY recommend to anyone reading to ONLY plug your OpenAI key and Assistant ID on applications that are either open-source, or incredibly reputable.

Hopefully OpenAI releases some sort of way to “share” an Assistant, if they already haven’t (don’t know)

1 Like