Has anyone successfully had a support case reviewed by a human?

I’m hoping to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.

I’m a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, and for the past few weeks I’ve been trying to resolve an ongoing support issue through the official support process.

During that time I’ve repeatedly been told that my case has been escalated to a support specialist and that I should expect a response by email. I’ve now received that same escalation message several times, but I still don’t know whether my complaint has actually been reviewed by a person. I haven’t received an escalation reference or any confirmation beyond those messages.

After spending many hours trying to work through the available support process, I’m now trying to understand whether this is a common experience or whether I’ve missed something.

I’m hoping other members can share their own experiences.

  • Has anyone successfully had a support case or complaint reviewed by a human?
  • Did you receive any confirmation that it had actually been escalated?
  • How long did it take?
  • Was there anything that helped move the process forward?

I’m not asking anyone to investigate my case. I’m simply trying to understand how the process has worked for other people.

Thank you to anyone willing to share their experience.

I’m still waiting on an appeal review so I’m curious about this too. It looks like some people get answers in a few hours while others have to wait for days or weeks

I’ve been waiting for nearly 2 weeks and I’ve escalated a few times so I don’t know what’s going on

Body

I am looking for guidance from OpenAI staff regarding two existing support cases.

I have an active ChatGPT Plus subscription and have completed the standard troubleshooting multiple times (correct account, current app, supported country, tested across devices).

Over the past several weeks I have experienced a pattern of issues affecting multiple features, including changing tool availability, intermittent usage limits, voice interruptions, inconsistent feature availability, and Agent not being available.

I have now opened two support cases:

Both were acknowledged and marked as escalated to a support specialist. However, I have not yet received an identifiable human response to either case.

I’m not asking the community to troubleshoot my account.

I’m asking whether an OpenAI staff member can advise whether these cases are still active, whether they can be reviewed by the appropriate team, or whether there is another process I should follow to have the account investigated.

Thank you.

Has anyone ever received a reply from Support on their thread topics? I’ve tried chats, emails, everything, no one will respond to me. I dont understand what I’m doing wrong and why I would be ignored

Thank you!

I have received zero help and every time I try to make a post it gets autolocked by the mods. If we can’t talk to the people reviewing appeals, and if we can’t talk to anyone here then what are we supposed to do?

The options I put above if they still exist are pretty much only support options unless you have pro account.

Nope, only automated AI response to a case that needs human review and solution

@OpenAI_Support — I followed the staff guidance given in a related deactivation thread and emailed support@openai.com from the address associated with the affected account. The resulting private support case is 14607116.

The response immediately closed the case, redirected me to the appeal process I had already completed, and explicitly stated that the response was generated with AI. It did not identify any flagged activity or confirm that a human reviewed the matter.

The account was deactivated under the category “Cyber Abuse,” but my use was legitimate software and API development/debugging. Whenever the model refused a request, I stopped; I did not rephrase it to evade safeguards or attempt to bypass the refusal.

Could an OpenAI Support staff member please privately review case 14607116 and route it to a human Trust & Safety specialist? I will not post the affected account’s email address or user ID publicly.

Iv been able to get through to someone but the problem is that they “apparently” cant directly do anything about bans. Iv been dealing with this same issue since teb 14th of august.

Iv tried doing everything and best i can get seems to be send a few emails, wait for a response and hope they can help. If any support agents are reading this, please assist further as its a nightmare trying to deal with actuial false bans. For referance my current ticket is 14527452, im currently speaking with Max as hes avalible from like 7am till 10am AEST.

I am encountering the same closed-support loop described above. Five paid Pro 20x accounts I use are inaccessible, involving approximately USD 1,000 in subscriptions by my estimate, and a substantial amount of my work data remains in those accounts. I have used the appeal forms and private Support; the latest replies close the cases and refer me back to the same process without a substantive human resolution.

I have requested restoration, or a separate Billing review for a refund/appropriate compensation if restoration is refused, plus data preservation and a secure export route. My public follow-up contains no account email addresses, account IDs, credentials or payment documents. Those details are in the private cases.

For people here who did reach a human: did that person actually take ownership of the appeal or billing/data-access request, and what official route worked? I would appreciate a concrete next step. I understand other members cannot adjudicate my accounts; I am asking about a functioning support process.

Adding a recent data point, since this thread is asking what actually moves the process.

My account was deactivated on September 9. The appeal I filed through the link in the deactivation email was denied the same day, with a statement that no further appeal requests would be considered for the case.

I then emailed support@openai.com from the account address. The case (14714918) was closed within a minute by a reply that was explicitly labelled as AI-generated, redirecting me back to the appeal process that had already been closed to me. This matches what passer_50_host described above with case 14607116.

I also created a topic here today. It was automatically closed and unlisted within about a minute of posting, and retagged account-redirect, so it does not appear in the category, in Latest, or in search. LadyNightwing mentioned the same thing happening, so this looks automatic rather than a moderator decision. Worth knowing for anyone planning to post: a new topic is not currently a working route.

That leaves the intake form at openai.com/form/appeal as the one route I have not exhausted.

jojo10 reported reinstatement after 21 days, through two denied appeals, and described it as simply continuing to follow up rather than finding a particular channel. For those of you who did eventually get a response: was it the same for you, or did something specific move it?

Escalation request: please have OpenAI Support staff pull these EXISTING support cases. They are SEPARATE issues. Do not collapse as duplicates.

  1. Case 14518634 — ~$45 Agent refund/goodwill. Escalated; awaiting grant.

  2. Astra/ChatGPT Work credit-cutoff Help chat — ask at least 3 months free ChatGPT Pro after Work/Astra burned usage with no final delivery; escalated.

  3. Case 14735225 (false-closed repeatedly as duplicate including 14720798, 14728467, 14732252, 14733660, and later 14735668–14737029) — Settings Usage Credits top-offs totaling $80. Ask: upgrade NOW to ~20x usage / ChatGPT Pro ($200) with $150 first-period goodwill discount (discretionary human make-good, NOT mechanical credit conversion). Support AI with weaker reasoning than product models kept false-closing this thread.

  4. Case 14722279 — product policy petition: AI-to-admin feedback pipeline + means-tested Pro voucher + credits UX warning. Escalated to specialist.

  5. Systems-design Help thread — support-AI quality / authorize case-specific goodwill when failed Agent runs warrant it. Related ChatGPT share is available on request.

I am not posting payment details here. Please escalate privately to a human billing/product specialist and stop the AI duplicate-close loop on the credits make-good case.

Thank you.

The problem with “simply following up” is some users get flagged and support will no longer recive emails or support tickets from that account.

The other issue with that is that even if you appeal, and have a support member fix the “duplicate issue” you still cant get through to the damn appeal team, ya just get back “we have already reviewed and decision is upheld” its an automated AI response and sometimes, when you send one through it doesnt even go through. Soooo yea… so many issues could be solved if they just gave the ability to support staff to just, you know… Provide supoort to users, especilly when they can provide a miriade of infomation.

Dear @OpenAI_Support and folks in this thread,

Adding another case to the loop.

My account was deactivated on August 27, 2026, for an alleged Usage Policy violation. I appealed that morning and received a denial 17 minutes later. Resubmitting through the appeal form returns an automated reply saying the appeal was already reviewed and the original decision stands.

I then emailed support@openai.com from the account’s email address, twice. Both “cases” were promptly closed by an AI-generated reply that directed me back to the appeal process and stated that Support will not respond to further requests.

Support cases: 14409121, 14834476

I understand the effort and challenge in reviewing TOC appeals fairly and justly, so I appreciate any effort on OpenAI’s side to do so. That said, it has been disheartening to receive only automated dismissals through all normal channels of support.

Same fate here.

Adding my Case Number: 14795594

I even had claude code cli and codex from another subscription review my logs to see if maybe I missed something and there really was some activity that was suspicious. Both Codex and Claude came back with clean bill of health and no suspicions of what could result in such action from OpenAI.

But all attempts to communicate result in a loop of auto-replies.

@OpenAI_Support please help.

I would add: the solution proposed by default (to use /forms/appeal) does not work, because first rejection through that channels makes that channel unavailable.

same here kinda, the form actually worked for me after a denial unlike what you guys are saying. deactivated sep 9, appealed from the email link, denied same day with the usual “no further appeal requests will be considered”, emailed support and that case got closed by an AI reply in like a minute pointing me back to the appeal i already did. then i just went to openai.com/form/appeal directly instead of the email link and that one went through, new case, got a confirmation, and next day someone actually replied saying a warning on my account was issued in error and apologized. still cant log in though, they only reversed the warning not the deactivation, nothing since then. so not a way back in but the form isnt automatically dead after a denial, at least it wasnt for me

Same here, no notification or warning! They just cancelled my account, I fill out the openai.com/form/appeal , they just reply few minutes ago: “After carefully reviewing your account, we are upholding our decision to deactivate your access. We will no longer consider additional requests to appeal this case.”
I did nothing wrong, I followed the use policies strictly! This is just sad! I really would like to know why OpenAI is randomly banning accounts like this!

I’m experiencing a similar situation. I posted about it yesterday, but I may have posted it in the API category by mistake. The post currently doesn’t appear in the topic list.

TL;DR: System demands I use the email link → Email has no link → System recommends to intake form → I use the intake form → Support rejects it for not using the email link.

original post:

I’m posting this here because I’ve hit a complete brick wall with OpenAI support, and honestly, it’s pretty scary as a developer trying to rely on the API. This isn’t just a rant about my account—it’s about how impossibly broken the support process is when something goes wrong.

Here is the exact loop I’ve been trapped in for days:

  1. Account abruptly blocked: Out of nowhere, my API account gets hit with a generic “deleted or deactivated” error, completely cutting off my access.

  2. Support agents contradict each other: (Case #14770798) The first support agent reviewed my account and explicitly confirmed that there is NO active integrity or policy ban, routing my ticket from appeals to general technical support. But right after it was transferred, a second agent stepped in, completely ignored the first agent’s check, claimed I used the “wrong channel,” and straight up closed the ticket!

  3. The “appeal link” is a ghost: Support emails tell me to “click the appeal link in the email notification.” I click the link [``url3243.email.openai.com/``...]and it literally just dumps me on the generic help.openai.com homepage. There is no appeal form or button anywhere on that page.

  4. Emails contradict themselves in the exact same message: I reached out to explain this, and got a template reply containing this unbelievable logic(Case #14967490):

    “We recognize that you’re unable to complete the appeal process because the deactivation email did not include the required appeal link…”

    (A couple of paragraphs later)

    “If you believe your account was deactivated in error, please submit an appeal using the link in the email notification you received.”

    The bot literally admits the link is missing, and then tells me to go click that same non-existent link in the very same email!

  5. AI bots insta-close every ticket: Every time I reply back trying to explain that I’m trapped, an AI bot opens a new ticket number and instantly closes it: “This response was generated with AI support… This case is now closed. We will not respond to additional Support requests.”

Why this makes it hard to trust building on the API:

How can developers build serious, real-world apps on the OpenAI API when support is a complete black hole? If your account gets blocked by mistake or hits a system glitch, you are effectively locked out forever because you can’t reach a single human being—just a wall of broken links and bots closing tickets in your face.

Has anyone actually managed to break out of this loop or reach a real person? Any advice or help from OpenAI staff/community managers would be awesome.