GPT cannot use 'in' operator to search for "code" in "Hmm...something ..."

In the past couple of days, the quality of GPT-4 has degraded severely. From this morning onwards, I was receiving “Error in input stream” intermittently. Now a new error has popped up:

Any idea what this error means?

1 Like

That’s a really odd one. My guess is that the AI emitted some odd text, or a search was trying to be performed still while a document retrieval returned an error.

1 Like

I just started getting this error. My plugin works fine as a GPT. They took my plugin off the store and now I can’t even use it as a unverified. Im bleeding users and money.

No plugin, plain GPT4, simple intro “hello”, bam :confused:

Getting the exact same errors today, also out of nowhere. Anytime I provide an upload (screenshot for transcription) to my custom GPTs, it’s returning this.

I’m having the same issue with DALLE. Yesterday I tried using DALLE multiple times over the day and it couldn’t generate anything. My error code was different in that it said “Hmm… an error has occured.” Now when I try DALLE this morning, I got the new error code of “Cannot use ‘in’ operator to search for ‘code’ in Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.” As far as ChatGPT 3.5 and ChatGPT 4 goes, they work just fine. It’s only DALLE for me.

1 Like

I am also getting this error in GPT4 since yesterday. It’s really frustrating. The only way around it seems to be to start a new chat but then it eventually comes back.

Seems that it’s a javascript coding error according to GPT :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1. Cannot use ‘in’ operator: The ‘in’ operator is used in JavaScript to check if a property is in an object. For example, 'key' in object.
  2. to search for ‘code’: This part indicates that the code attempted to check if a property named ‘code’ exists in the object.
  3. in Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.: This suggests that instead of an object, a string (‘Hmm…something seems to have gone wrong.’) is provided where the ‘in’ operator was used.

Typically, this kind of error occurs in one of the following scenarios:

1. Type Mismatch: You might be expecting an object but received a string (or another non-object type). For example, a function that is supposed to return an object returns an error message string instead.
  2. Data Fetching or Parsing Error: If you are fetching data from an API or another source and expecting it to be an object, but the data is not in the expected format (like a string error message instead).

I was doing a project using chatGPT and I asked an explanation for a specific part of code this was its reaction its quite weird so I posted it here for any explanation{I don’t know if I should post it here I am a complete newbie so sorry for any inconvinience}. I was unable to “Share link to chat”.

update it started working fine, I think it was a glitch or any anomaly!

I am considering pinning this topic.

Can at least two users confirm if this is reproducible.

2 Likes

i confirm, this issue has been really annoying to work with and I want it patched asap.

1 Like

Just searched for this as it happened to me. Also, it wouldn’t let me save as a personal GPT (saying I was trying to save it as a public GPT) and then when I appealed it, it wouldn’t let me go back to the rest of the GPT unless I cancelled my appeal. Something really sloppy is happening here.

For me this issue started two days ago, right around the same time the models were updated.
(New embedding models and API updates)

However, this is like a 1 in 20 occurrence for me, rest of the time it’s mostly “Error in input stream”.

Same here, started with some sorting text to csv, now got only this

Hey folks, we are aware of this and working on a fix!

3 Likes

Same here at 4:45 CST 1/29. . I do see in the thread that devs are aware.

Same here. Only opening new chat works. Very frustrating when you need that very thread.