GPT-4o: OpenAI spring product announcements 2024

This is our little hype thread moving forward to the event.
What do you expect to be revealed?

The official YouTube link has been published but you can also watch the live stream together with the other members of the community using the Zoom link.

YouTube link:

Join our community event to watch the stream together. @elmstedt is hosting the meeting:

We will still moderate according to the general forum rules. Let’s have a fun time and enjoy the moment while it lasts!

OpenAI is low balling this event. A little bit.

Add the event to your calendar.

15 Likes

I’m placing my bets on gpt-4.5!

7 Likes

I’m voting for GPT 4.5 still.
Likely with longer context.

Ps. Maybe 1 Sora video per day? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

+1 for GPT-4.5

I’m wondering if they’ll try to match Gemini-1.5’s 1 million token context window? :thinking:

3 Likes

They could do 4.5 million with GPT-4.5, but really there is no practical use for this.

5 Likes

Agreed, I don’t think I’ve maxed the current 128k context window even once :laughing:

3 Likes

Here is a list with possibilities:

I would like reasoning please.

5 Likes

I bet it’s a Coding Agent. I bet the OpenAI devs saw my work on Github, and have cloned it to make a new product out of it that does code refactorings.

4 Likes

These guys are still ruling the world. Whatever they show generates a lot of expectation.

1 Like

Not sure if you are aware how many people in this forum have made comparable claims in the past :wink:

6 Likes

I would bet OpenAI will release an agent functionality to chatGPT that does things for you on the internet like making purchases and updating your calendar. They have been talking about this for a long time!

6 Likes

my sense is GPTs powered by Assistants v2, more flexible code interpreter, workflows for better planning, scheduling, projects aggregation in chatgpt threads. +voice, search improvements

1 Like

They will announce plans to have one day a week set aside to be a day without serious platform and account administration problems.

4 Likes

I’m also betting on GPT-4.5, but with a focus on efficiency over context length, featuring a semi-sparse attention mechanism and a multilingual enhanced model trained on more languages!

2 Likes

Sorry, this is impossible.

2 Likes

I want to fine tune gpt 4 turbo please. That’s my wish list. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I would love to see something like this soon on account for newer products like the Rabbit R1 hitting shelves!

1 Like

Huh. A “Sign-In with OpenAI” would be pretty neat. Thanks for sharing. If they offered an embedded OpenAI Chat… :skull_and_crossbones: . Would actually love it.

Surprised it’s not the search engine. Looking forward to it :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I have two predictions,

1. The ability to connect your cloud storage (Google Drive and OneDrive) to ChatGPT
  2. A gpt-4-lite model which is nearly as powerful as the current gpt-4 models but is faster and priced closer to gpt-3.5-turbo

Beyond that, I think we’ll see something announced—but not released—related to agents.

5 Likes